Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 16346 times)

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 11:08:57 PM »
So lucky to have the ability to sew T___T.

I'm not sure if I even have the ability... I remember doing it at school.. but nothing really good...

Right now I'm focusing more on wigs. XD
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Song of Amazon

• Yomusu
  • Samosa Musume
    • MSN Messenger - hurricanepixie@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ariabreeze
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - songofamazon
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Time
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
Those are great wigs Kimiko!  I wish I had the patience to do more with wigs.  It's definitely what I like least about making costumes.

Oh man, Sakura Mankai... the pink monstrosity...  That was a collective effort between most of the girls in the group.  Kristi painted the flowers on the fabric, Liana and our Eri did the obi and leg warmers, Windy did the little felt/sequin sakura patches, and I did... everything else in two weeks.  We learned the dance in an evening and it was so-so, but we did have a karaoke track with our voices mixed instead of Sakura Gumi.  At least we sounded and looked nice.  *laughs*

I don't even like pink.  But I do love those outfits and that song.

CONvergence is great.  It's the best con I've ever been to and I'm definitely going again this year.  It's an anime friendly con, so there are a number of anime cosplayers as well as one anime viewing room.

Need: Genkiness Redo (k), Melodies (Windy), White Love (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani), Shiroi Hana (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani)
Oweing: Yomusu, ZODIAC, NijiBEAT, 9Smiles, Pikappika...

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »
Kimiko!!  I saw those Mermaid Melody pictures when I was looking up examples for my Karen Cosplay!
And being able to style wigs is so cool!  The only thing I've ever done was dye a wig XD

Anyways, I'm a noob to cosplay.  This is my second year and all I go to is Anime Central in Chicago. (Because it literally is the closest convention to my house even though I don't even live in Illinois XDD)
And if people from Y!P could go to Amine Detour I would so find a way to get there XDD  It only takes me 2 hours to get into Minnesota.  The only thing is since it's so far up North it will probably take me 5 do get up there XDD -shot-  I've wanted to go to that convention in a few years anyways <3

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Aura

• auracake.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »
I have never cosplayed before but I would love to =D That Sakura Mankai group cosplay is amazing! It must have been so much fun <3

I usually just go to the Hong Kong Ani-com and take pictures with loads of cosplayers XD There are alot of H!P cosplaying groups in Hong Kong =O I've seen like 4 in one day all in different sets. This group did a really good onna ni sachi are once =]

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »
I don't cosplay (awkward stages IN life? Try "awkward stages my ENTIRE life") but I admire costumes that are done well.
I have been to Otakon, GenCon, ACen, Dragon*Con, and Anime North in the past and all have very competitive cosplay contests.

Of those, Dragon*Con is the most diverse since it is the biggest convention of those five and it is more about pop culture and general geekery more than a specific fandom (there are a lot of fans there that are into so many fandoms that it starts to overlap many times over). Heck, there is even a cosplay track that focuses on sewing, creation, etc. so that all the people who are there ONLY for costume help and meet-ups can all congregate somewhere. There are panels for corset making and panels on how to sew with difficult materials, not just "hey, I watch this show and made a costume!" stuff. I also love that there are people who focus on historically accurate costumes there as well.
If you have a superhero costume, an anime costume, a RenFaire costume, and a Firefly costume, you could wear one each day at Dragon*Con and not look out of place.  ;)

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • MSN Messenger - kimiko@dewdrop-garden.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kimiko+Hosono
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »
Ack! I can't believe you all have seen those Lucia pics before.. HAHAHA. But yeah that's me! I don't think I can even fit into it anymore though LOL And I want to re-do my wig, because I didn't like how it came out... that is, IF I ever do it again. But we had a HUGE Mermaid Melody group. we pretty much had everyone. I also did a Mimi from the Black Beauty Sisters, but EW, talk about lard-o LOL.

Aww I want to go to a con with you guys! Well I guess if we all end up at AX this year, we'll have to meet up (haven't checked that thread in awhile). Unfortunately, I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going yet. If I do though, I'll have press passes, so I could always ask any questions you all might have.. but I'm really just not feeling it >.<

I've seen SoA all over online:D I LOVE your myu Mercury, very nicely done! I would love to do all kinds of myu costumes, but man I have a HUGE list of costumes to do and a lot of unfinished costumes that I'd like to complete EVENTUALLY. Thankfully I'm getting 1 done this year FINALLY. I did a PGSM mercury, but Merc is definitely not my fave, it was for a performance group. I'm all about Venus, so I'd really like to do all of those costumes :D

Once Sakura is done, I'll be sure to take pics. Well it IS just about done, but I'm lazy now. All I need to do is the wand and it's scaring me! :D

Graphics by Serenyty!

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »
All I need to do is the wand and it's scaring me! :D
Have you asked around on cosplay forums about what to make the wand from? I am sure there are some people that are really into crafting accessories and the like just as much as those who make the costumes.
In the past, I have seen a lot of great things made from Sculpey, but they were all small pieces like jewelry and such. A wand made from Sculpey would be incredibly heavy! LOL

I am thinking a dowel topped with something hollowed out and glue-gunned on it and then painted is a step in the right direction.

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Song of Amazon

• Yomusu
  • Samosa Musume
    • MSN Messenger - hurricanepixie@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ariabreeze
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - songofamazon
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Time
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
All over the internet?  Really?  I think I'm starting to get a reputation as the Mercury girl.  *laughs*  I'm such an Ami in real life too.

Oh man, so lately, the costume shop I work had has been trying to get rid of old stuff and I made off with two free wigs tonight that are perfect for some costumes I have planned for the near future.  They both need some love to be less ratty, but they're really high quality, considering I got them for free.

This one for Q'Anilia (lady in purple) from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics.

This one for Sarasa (as Tatara) from Basara.

I'm kind of thrilled and freaked out at how natural the black wig looks on me, but how I look like a totally different person.

(Two most excellent comics, by the way.)

Need: Genkiness Redo (k), Melodies (Windy), White Love (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani), Shiroi Hana (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani)
Oweing: Yomusu, ZODIAC, NijiBEAT, 9Smiles, Pikappika...

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
Aww man you got free wigs? So lucky T_T

I put a wig on cosplay forums just to ask around what people think I can use to be a character if I did anything from dye, style, cut etc.

So far no replies. (surprisingly; since there used to be a lot of replies for stupid posts)

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • MSN Messenger - kimiko@dewdrop-garden.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kimiko+Hosono
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Gyp, yeah I looked all around to get some ideas, so I came up with what I'm going to do. I THINK I bought all the supplies. I have the dowel, foam, model magic, paints, mod podge, etc. So we'll see! I'll post up a pic when it's done :D So far I've been lazy about it though, but hopefully I'll work on it today.

Graphics by Serenyty!

DJ_MaiMai

• MSN Messenger - pompelmo13@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Japtalian0894
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
Oh! A cosplay thread!

I have close to no experience in cosplay -- I've only done 2. Sae from Peach Girl (I already had the short hair, and the rest I could just buy from Target) and Yuki from Haruhi Suzimiya. I think in terms of cosplay I'm more the photoshoot photographer. Gosh I love doing those. Haha.

This year I think I'll actually be going to 2 conventions... I found a lolita dress for $18 (!) and I'll just wear that to both -- I'm not too into anime that much anymore. I would so want to do a Pokemon cosplay though. That'd be amazing.

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
The best site in finding characters based on features> http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/search.php

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 06:34:47 PM »
DJ_MaiMai: WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT CHEAP LOLITA? Oh my goodness. I want to sweet lolita SO BAD, but it's so expensive...
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 02:00:53 AM »
Found out that this was made in a day... so my confidence has skyrocketed.

By the way; I thought Cosplay.com said you're not allowed to have your own logo or any logo on your pictures? Or are you? okay.. just realized, that it's possibly allowed if it's a professional photographer logo..

DJ_MaiMai

• MSN Messenger - pompelmo13@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Japtalian0894
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
DJ_MaiMai: WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT CHEAP LOLITA? Oh my goodness. I want to sweet lolita SO BAD, but it's so expensive...
http://www.cosmates.jp/index.php

They're not so good quality and only come in one size, but definatly worth it!

Enterprise © Bloc