Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 18189 times)

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
Cosplay
« on: April 14, 2009, 06:28:10 AM »
Well I haven't seen on.. so I thought to make it for the cosplayers. (so far I just know Gidget does it).

Well... two of my friends and I want to cosplay (SOMETIME T__T) and wondering if there's any advice. (Gidget, Nyu gave me the exact advice I was doing so I'm going in the right path XD).

One friend (Friend A) wants to be Haruhi Suzumiya
Another friend (Friend B) wants to be Sakura (cardcaptors)
and I want to be Asuka (from Evangelion).

So any advice? Advice on Asuka's School uniform is most needed T___T.

Also; this thread is for any cosplay talk. ... go.
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • MSN Messenger - kimiko@dewdrop-garden.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kimiko+Hosono
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »
Haha, well I talk mostly of cosplay in the sewing thread, since that's pretty much all I sew!

But I've been cosplaying since 2000 and it's a ton of fun! What kind of advice are you looking for? On what do cosplay? Or how to make a costume or what? While I make the costumes, my specialty are wigs! I've made sooo many wigs over the years. It's as much work or MORE as sewing a costume sometimes! I'm also going to attempt to make my first prop EVER this year.

For 2009, this is what I am working on or what we'll be cosplaying at the upcoming cons:

For AkI (9yrs): 
-Chibichibi (pics in sewing thread) - debut at Fanime May 2009. **Just need to do the shoes and wig
-Pichu from Pokemon - She wore this last year, but it was a huge hit, so she'll be wearing it again this year at Fanime **Completed
-Sailor Neptune - The only other costume that still fits her, but this will be the last year. Just need to re-do the wig. Won't even bother with the shoes. I'd rather do another costume for her, but I doubt I'll have time. But at least she'll have her 3!

For Keiko (almost 12yrs):
-Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura - I'm excited about this one! I'm just finishing up all the bows, then all I need to do is the shoes and wig. She's doing the well-known red dress with the hat. This is the costume where I'm going to attempt to make my first prop. I'm going to make her wand. I was looking on ebay and it was either wayyy to expensive or just not found, so I'll see if I can make it!
-Meganium from Pokemon - Like Pichu above, this is the ginjika version. She wore it last year and it was sooo adorable, so thankfully she can wear it again this year as well. This costume was a lot of fun to make. Loved making the petals. Keiko helped too!
-Sailor Saturn - This is Keiko's favorite senshi and she wore this last year as well. I STILL need to do the boots though. Thankfully I made this outfit so that I can make it bigger as she grows. I'll probably have to make a new skirt for next year though.
-Cure Dream from Pretty Cure Smile Gogo - IF I can do this I will. She wants the first season outfit and that's easier than the 2nd. I have all the fabric purchased already, it's just a matter of making it. But if not, I can do it for the next con or next season. She's still got her 3!

For ME (OOOOLD):
-Shia from Pita Ten - I love this outfit, so I have most of it done. All I need to do is make the staff (oh yeah, 2nd attempt at prop, but this one is MUCH easier), make the boots and/or covers and the wig. I THOUGHT I bought burgundy tights too, but turns out they are more magenta-ish, so I still need to find some.
-Nacchi from Salt5 - I've worn this for the past few years and I LOVE it, because it's soooo comfy and cool looking! :D I still need to properly complete the shirt ,but if I don't get a chance to, at least I have the red tank underneath.

I'm not sure what other costume to bring yet. I was hoping to get another completed. I need to lose some weight again before I can fit into some of my old costumes. *sob* I miss wearing my Sumomo! So I was thinking of either bringing my PGSM Mercury and/or Plusle gijinka version from Pokemon. So we'll see!

Graphics by Serenyty!

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:43:27 PM »
I miss cosplay! I desperately wanted to do it for aaaages but there wasn't an anime con in driving distance and I didn't have money to do anything else. By the time I did, I was basically over anime conventions XD I still have dreams though. My main one is to cosplay Koda Kumi in the But PV, largely so I have an excuse to run around with her rainbow pimp cane. Really, all I ever want in LIFE is a rainbow pimp cane.

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »
Liana: Come to Anime Detour next year... I'm going to try and run an idol pop panel, because the JMusic panel bashed MoMusu relentlessly. Except my Idol Pop panel is mainly going to be about H!P and AKB48. Because I know if I include JE, all the people that will come will be JE fangirls.

I'm hoping to pull together a cosplay for next year's Anime Detour. I'm thinking I want to do a JPop outfit, but... yeah. I have this idea that I want to do the outfit from Shiawase Kyoryuu Ondo, but that's mostly because I want to prance around doing the dinosaur hand motions. My dream, though, is to do Mikitty's dress from Boogie Train '03. Though I don't know how I'd do that, since the upper bit uses plastic... yeah. I also would want to get the pink mini-kimono things from Sakura Mankai

I'm hoping to eventually pull together a Kaylee outfit. I need to eventually order one of those jumpsuits... and at that point I'd be pretty much done. ;)

My friend also MIGHT make me a lolita outfit. Because I bought a lolita-style mini top hat at the con, and wore it a bit, and my friend squealed on and on about how I'd make a cute lolita. I'm more into sweet lolita, not goth-loli.
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
Kimiko, You MAKE wigs =O You are God.

I only have one wig (which was cheap); and I'm thinking of dying it and styling it to something I actually want.

I know I'll have to buy wigs, but these days they're so expensive. If I had the ability to make wigs I would sell them for monies. T__T God I need wigs.

Serenyty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 04:06:37 PM »
Kimiko, you make wigs?!? That's so cool.

I might have to buy one from you (if you take commissions or anything like that) next year. I like dealing with hair, and I'm kind of addicted to dyeing my hair; however, I'm not confident enough to dye my hair an unnatural color.

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • MSN Messenger - kimiko@dewdrop-garden.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kimiko+Hosono
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
Wait wait WAIT! I don't "MAKE" wigs as in from scratch or anything lol. But I buy plain ol' basic wigs, then style them and add things to make them look like the characters! Hopefully you knew that already though LOL

Hopefully you can see these, but here are some of the wigs I made, all from MMPPP:

Gaito: http://www.cosplaylab.com/lab/1525-89381.jpg
Kaito: http://www.cosplaylab.com/lab/1525-89383.jpg
Sheshe: http://www.cosplaylab.com/lab/1525-89379.jpg
Noel: http://www.cosplaylab.com/lab/1525-89386.jpg
Lucia:  http://www.cosplaylab.com/lab/1525-46714.jpg (yes that's me as Lucia) LOL soooo long ago!

Graphics by Serenyty!

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Ahh cool! I've been thinking of getting my hands on crappy cheap wigs and style and dye them. Like this lame one I got from a friend. I'm going to ask people who I could be if I do anything with it. XD.

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
Liana: Come to Anime Detour next year... I'm going to try and run an idol pop panel, because the JMusic panel bashed MoMusu relentlessly. Except my Idol Pop panel is mainly going to be about H!P and AKB48. Because I know if I include JE, all the people that will come will be JE fangirls.
Really? But let's face it- without JE, you're just doing a panel to an empty room XD JE's really cool man, I knock the fangirls too but you can't do idol without them!

But nyah, Detour isn't really my scene. Well, I know it's changed since the days at the Thunderbird but I just have too many bad memories of crowds and smells XD Nevermind that there's just not much for me to do there besides go to the rave/dance and drink. And I can do that ANY TIME :D If I go to a con, it better be big, huge, with lots of outdoors.

That's what's so depressing about the cosplay thing for me, you can only do it at cons and I just don't really like them. But I love playing dress up. TEARS! I'll go to the Ren Fest in a pretty princess dress.

With a rainbow pimp cane.

Serenyty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
That's what I'm worried about...I'm OK with JE, but I don't want it to turn into a JE panel, because I'm not familiar enough with them. And if it's involved, the fangirls will come.

AD was pretty good, I thought. It was my first con, and it seemed pretty good. I wish it was bigger, but hey, I'm sure it's the best-sized con MN can offer for anime-stuff.

I really want to cosplay, though... and lolitafy myself. Because I'm totally meant to be a sweet lolita.

Song of Amazon

• Yomusu
  • Samosa Musume
    • MSN Messenger - hurricanepixie@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ariabreeze
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - songofamazon
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Time
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »
Tee-hee.  I cosplay.

Though, the older I get, the less interested I am in anime cons.  It's really about the costumes and not so much about the costumes for me.  I've been moving into the fantasy-scifi scene lately.

Need: Genkiness Redo (k), Melodies (Windy), White Love (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani), Shiroi Hana (Sydnii, Tomie, Tomo, Rebear, Dani)
Oweing: Yomusu, ZODIAC, NijiBEAT, 9Smiles, Pikappika...

Serenyty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
Your costumes are pretty... All I can really say.

Oh! Is CONvergence good? I've heard a bit about it various places, but I'd like to know from someone before I invest money. I had to have three friends convince me that yes, I did want to spend money on it.

I've been kind of out of the anime fandom for a while. I'm much more into manga, anyways, and JPop. At AD I bought JPop stuff, my lolita hat, etc. but the only anime stuff I bought for myself were three buttons, one of Michiru, one of Haruka, and one of them together.

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:48 PM »
Tee-hee.  I cosplay.
Oh shit I'm in some of those pictures! I was SO FAT! And let's not talk about that hair period of my life. But my expression here is still the best thing on the planet. Hey ladies! It's YOSSI TIME! *smarmy*

And Jenna's costumes are gorgeous and she makes me jealous with her skill and dedication :( I SEWED THOSE BOOT COVERS. FUCK YES.

Windy

• x<3x<3
  • or Windy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 09:27:08 PM »
Maaaan awkward stages in life. Let's forget those. XD

But I agree, Jenna is super-amazing with her sewing~ I want to commission everything in the world from her. *___*
I Owe:
Katsunda, Yomusu stuff

Mixing:
Stale bread

Icon by Gyp!

Quote from: Liana

WINDY I WILL PUNCH YOU

Aura

• auracake.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
That is a really nice Sakura Mankai group cosplay  :D Did you guys sing as well?
And omg you were the luchia there? I think I've seen those photos before =D

Enterprise © Bloc