Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: You know what grinds my gears?  (Read 112174 times)

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
You know what grinds my gears?
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:51:54 AM »
A hate/complaint thread, a la Peter Griffin.

Guidelines: NOT for bashing members of this or other BBSes, not to be drama heavy or prejudiced. Keep it clean, or lose the right to bitch and moan! Enjoy!
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
Re: You know what grinds my gears?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »
YOU KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS? MAC BOOK PRO. MY GOD. Aluminum casing. ALUMINUM. I have a plastic hard shell case. My laptop bag strap breaks and the bag slips to the floor, barely a two ft. tall from the way I was standing. In a bag, in a case. Pops out the top panel. I bent it back some, but. Replacement casing is $239,if you buy it somewhere else and replace it yourself. Second damage.

I enjoy Macs a lot, used to be PC but it was a major switch for a major switch (ha) and I really like my notebook and I chose the lower Pro model as it's the one with a decent video card and upgrading would end up costing more than the initial purchase upgrade.

But. Get a desktop and an old macbook for carting back and forth. This can't survive clutz lifestyle. And I'm beyond angry that I have an 1800 dinged piece of equipment repaired with a piece of tape because PRETTY MATTERS. A hard sneeze would bust this crap. I'm just glad the case protects the ports, I've seen horror pics.

SO DON'T BUY METAL MAC BOOK PROS. Wait for adamantium. THANK YOU.

In a few years I'll get a desktop, and beat this thing with a hammer and use it for word processing notes and simple manips on the go. Psh. PSH I SAY. My five year old Vaio is in better technical shape. It survived 3 colleges. FU.

I just needed to scream it from the rooftops.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:58:14 AM by Kristi »
LINES I need:

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
YOU KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS? Film majors who are in it for the acting. I've experienced a couple. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to be in front of the lights just as much as I like to be behind 'em. I acted when my class did an in class assignement, but I didn't jump out of my seat to do it! There were two female roles and only one other female (out of 3, oh film! Yeah, I was excited and okay, they could have easily made the role male but you know. I also volunteered to do something else. And I don't CONSTANTLY DO THIS. If there's a need for an actor, I'll eye it, but I'll also eye, you know, LEARNING THE SHIT I'M PAYING FOR! Get the fuck out of the program if all you want to do is write and direct vehicles for your own acting career. PS these people are rarely actually talented.

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE GRINDS MY GEARS? Being a chick in film in the first place! There's never been more than 3 girls in any of my classes. You know what this means? You stick out like a sore thumb. I was once lectured for talking during class and sneaking out during movies to get coffee. EVERYONE does this shit! Why am I noticed? Why did he notice the dissappearence of me? I SENSE A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE. ONE OF THE BOOS IS MISSING. Seriously, I can't keep track of anyone, have been generally quiet in classes 'til recently, am not particularly talented but don't suck- YET EVERYONE KNOWS ME. 'Cause I'm a chick! This one guy introduced himself to me, told me he'd seen me in the halls, and just . . . MAN! When you youngin's choose your majors, don't be me. Don't go into a male dominated field. You will be unable to fuck around because it's like you're a big glowing light. You're Jesus in a cheesy bible film. You're Edward fucking Cullen. NOT FAIR. NOT FAIR.

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • MSN Messenger - nyankohime@live.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:57:11 AM »
YESS FAMILY GUY<333

"You know what grinds my gears" WHEN PEOPLE FREAKING EAT WITH THEIR MOUTHS OPEN lmao godd i hate that so much
and its like CLOSE YOUR MOUTH NO BODY WANTS TO SEE WHATS IN THERE. And also eating really loud i wanna be like "COW CLOSE YOUR MOUTH" lmao xD its all like *smack smack* and im like dude...SDGHASDLGADGDS *Strangles*  I ALSO HATE WHEN PEOPLE CHEW GUM LOUD but thats an easier thing for me to handle .___.;

( Chiitaro<3 = Secrect Lovers! )

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:55:08 AM »
Y'know what grinds my gears?
TWITTER.
And I don't mean just the texting that gets done on it because I don't bother reading anything on the darn thing. Out of sight, out of mind.

I am talking about the people who are so desperate for attention that they post their "tweets" on their other blogs.
C'mon now! Are people so absorbed in themselves and getting others to care about their daily lives that they have to spam the blogs that allow unlimited characters and expression with the minute crap? Seriously, I am contemplating unfriending people on LJ because they don't post real posts anymore. Just a copy paste of their "tweets".

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

peachgirldb

• AOL Instant Messenger - sevvyandhermy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:16 AM »
Oh man, Gyp, I HATE that! I love twitter but seriously. Nobody wants to read that shit on your LJ.

Mixing:
Minna no Tamago
I owe:
OOXX, KA RA KU RI, 321 Breakin Out, Shouganai, iDream, NA GA RA, Did I forget and owe you something else? PM me!

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 07:16:43 AM »
You Know what grinds my gears for today??> (copied n pasted from a thread that I shouldn't have put it in):

I HATE HANGING WITH FRIENDS WHEN THERE ARE TWO COUPLES AND JUST YOU (they fool around while you're just sitting there... ) HAVE THE DECENCY TO HAVE YOUR TIME TOGETHER IN PRIVATE D< NOT TO SHOW HOW HAPPY YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU WHILE YOUR FRIEND IS OLDER AND HAS NOT HAD ANY REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX. IT ANGERS ME
(happened today with my two couples friends T_______________T)
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

DJ_MaiMai

• MSN Messenger - pompelmo13@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Japtalian0894
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »
You Know what grinds my gears for today??> (copied n pasted from a thread that I shouldn't have put it in):

I HATE HANGING WITH FRIENDS WHEN THERE ARE TWO COUPLES AND JUST YOU (they fool around while you're just sitting there... ) HAVE THE DECENCY TO HAVE YOUR TIME TOGETHER IN PRIVATE D< NOT TO SHOW HOW HAPPY YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU WHILE YOUR FRIEND IS OLDER AND HAS NOT HAD ANY REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX. IT ANGERS ME
(happened today with my two couples friends T_______________T)

GIRL I FEEL FOR YOU.
All my friends have suddenly become couples. I mean, I'm happy for them, one of them had their first kiss the other night, but seriously. I feel lonely.

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 05:15:30 AM »
yeah. We used to be friends with a couple (the only couple) and we were like 'BLAH' when they started being all lovey-dovey and I told her when my friend started dating another 'I hope you're not going to be like that' and she's like 'oh god no.'
Well... look what just happened. -___-
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:41:07 AM by BakaPai »

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
People who lie about MAJOR FAMILY ACCIDENTS so they can go out of town and drink and then have the AUDACITY to be annoyed that people caught up on the story/are upset/are not frollicking about them like baby fawns in a meadow praising the way the sun hits the morning dew. Said people who have always lied/continue to lie during this process.

Having to work, and come back in super early the next morning. I got about 3 whole hours of sleep last night. Today when I got off work I ate, and took a 3 hour nap on top of the clothes on my bed. Did I have an evening? No. Did I accomplish anything? No. Will I get a full nights sleep tonight, even? No. Did I perform my best at work? No. Will I tomorrow? No. Did what I could, will do so tomorrow. But that special early morning turnaround being scheduled into my new schedule WEEKLY combined with the aforementioned ridiculousness has me SO over where I work. It ruins two days! You can't get anything done! ZOMBIEEEES!

Also, people who are loud when they know you are trying to sleep. This is why I got 3 hours of sleep. Do not live with people who work opposite schedules. They can't help it, usually, but they will wake you up. And you will beat your pillow. There will be frustrated crying. I might have PMS.
LINES I need:

DJ_MaiMai

• MSN Messenger - pompelmo13@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Japtalian0894
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
When girls go and cry about how they're so stupid and will never get good grades. And the next day you see them reading magazines or sleeping in class.
Pisses me off. Sometimes I think I'm the only person in my class who CARES.

mski

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »
When girls go and cry about how they're so stupid and will never get good grades. And the next day you see them reading magazines or sleeping in class.

i have this friend who is not doing very well in school whereas myself and other friends of ours are trying (more so) and doing all right. she always says that she will apply herself, but she doesn't, and it gets on my nerves SO MUCH. and in class if we're given time to work, she sits and stares into space/puts her head down and takes a nap. WTF. i wake her up and she gets pissy at me because i don't let her sleep in class and because i didn't wake her up when she fell asleep during a TEST. (which was Japanese btw, and she... didn't know the answers anyways so that was initially the reason she put her head down- i also didn't want to look as though i was cheating...) she says she can't "concentrate" in school because it's "too loud" and says she will do homework at home, which she does not. that annoys me so badly, and when we do work at the same time (and she actually works), she keeps peeking over my paper to compare if our answers are the same, which really unnerves me! i know she's not cheating, but it just... annoys me? she's a great person to hang out with and talk to, but has horrible school/work ethics.

and the couples thing! there was a carnival by a mall yesterday in my city, and i invited a friend to go with me, but apparently i'm not fun by myself, so we had to invite a lot of people to go with us. we called a whole bunch of people, but we could only get ahold of two people. except, one girl we were kind of meeting up with brought her boyfriend who is awkward to be around and my friend invited this guy who i apparently went to school with as well but never spoke to. so it was 2 couples(kind of)+me and it was SO boring and awkward. ._.

also, when i initially invited this girl, i asked if she was ok with all the scary, flippy upside down rides because they are the only reason i go to carnivals (besides overly priced concessions), and she was all, "yeah, i love them", but when we get there, she barely goes on any. we (3 of us, while the couple mentioned before went around themselves) mostly walked around and talked, which is nice and all, but i can do that without paying for a $20 wristband.

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Though sometimes sleeping in class isn't intentional. I often start drifting off in my 7th hour bible class because I'm really sleep-deprived, because I stay up late studying. Just saying. I stay up late reviewing/doing homework and other things, because I have to spend day hours doing something like playing my clarinet or doing club stuff.

...just saying. I also have been drawing a lot more in class, but I think that's more of a case of "OMGZORZ I have 3 weeks left of high school!!!" than not caring. I put my all into school...

I hate people who think prom is the end of the world, and the hugest thing ever. IT'S A DANCE. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. There's been so much prom drama everywhere, it's awful... I'm so glad I'm just going with my friends.

\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »
Back in highschool, I had average scores. Even when I try so hard in the difficult subjects, I end up getting something disappointing.
But I don't sleep in class, instead, I get distracted by a friend. She just wants to play around in class.
And yet; she ends up getting the better marks.. the high marks. And I get C's? WTF! She doesn't deserve those marks. It's unfair.
She doesn't even do homework, she's too busy with boys.
It's unfair how she gets the boys AND the smarts to pass through life, while I get none.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »
I hate people who think prom is the end of the world, and the hugest thing ever. IT'S A DANCE. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. There's been so much prom drama everywhere, it's awful... I'm so glad I'm just going with my friends.

I know what you mean by prom drama!  It's not that big of a deal, I'm not even going to prom and I hear people freaking out about prom court and there dresses.  And people paying 500 dollars for a dress which is just too expensive.  It's prom, it's usually lame and boring anyways.

Back in highschool, I had average scores. Even when I try so hard in the difficult subjects, I end up getting something disappointing.
But I don't sleep in class, instead, I get distracted by a friend. She just wants to play around in class.

I have the same problem!  I always get average marks and I know people who just doodle, never do there homework, never study for tests and still get better grades while I'm sitting here working so hard to get through all of my classes and get high grades.  I always do my homework and try my hardest just tests kill me XD

But, now that we are on the subject of ranting.  People who are too full of themselves and whiny annoy me!  I have this friend who is so freakin' spoiled it's not even funny!  She's such a brat and she spends her money on useless stuff all the time.  Last weekend, I was with her and bought a new purse because I have not bought one in 6 years.  She just said to me "spend, spend, spend" while she sits there and buys candy and useless cups for decoration.  And she's always mean to me and calls me self centered DX and her dad treats me like I am her, whenever I go over to her house he is always mean to me and it makes me so mad!

Another thing that annoys me is Swine flu XD  My school just got closed down for the next two days because of it because someone thought it was a good idea to go to Mexico over spring break >.<

But anyways, I should stop now since I talked to much already XDD

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Enterprise © Bloc