Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Author Topic: Garageband Help  (Read 1167 times)

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • AOL Instant Messenger - applebyarrow
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
Garageband Help
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:49:59 PM »
Okay so I have a borrowed desktop that's an apple mini or something.  It has Garageband.  I can turn it on.  But I do not have a CLUE how to use it.  How do I input a song and then record TO it in pieces?  I used Adobe Audition before and loved it.  I just don't know how to use this.  HELP?!?!  Can someone write up a tutorial or something for me? 
- Also known as SHEawase now.. LOL
Icon by Gyp! <3

Hanii

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
Re: Garageband Help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
Not sure you still need the help but, if you do, it's pretty simple. ^_^ You need to click and drag the .mp3/.wav of the song you're recording to into GB, then you'll see they give you a default set of Male and Female tracks. Obviously, you're a girl, so you'll sing in the Female one. Just click the record button with that track selected and singgg!

I recommend recording with a mic volume level of 21 to 26. I usually use 23. :) In my version of GB, you can find the recording level on the right side after clicking on the little I with a circle around it in the bottom right hand corner, then click the Browse tab when the panel pops up and that setting is at the bottom.

Before exporting, click on the Edit tab rather than Browse and be sure that, on the bottom again, there is no Echo or Reverb set on it, set your singing track (or tracks) to Solo and export away (which is found in the Share option at the top of your screen)~ ^_^

If you've got any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM on YT in case I miss it here (itshanni3 is my YT). <3

Enterprise © Bloc