Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Poll

What should the next Y!P Collab be?

Broadway
4 (25%)
Duets
12 (75%)
Something else? (PLEASE SPECIFY)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Next Y!P Collab Poll!  (Read 24766 times)

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
Next Y!P Collab Poll!
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
As many of you know, we here at Y!P try to do two or three major, forum-wide collab albums a year. Last year, there was a poll about what the next album should be - the top winning result was Disney, following by Broadway and Duets. However, a lot of the people that voted in that poll are no longer active members here, and likewise, we have several new regulars who may have differing tastes.

I guess I'll leave the poll open for~ a week? Maybe two? Perhaps? y/n/maybeso? If you have any new ideas please share, if you're voting for "Something else?" then PLEASE specify so that we can discuss. :)

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Next Y!P Collab Poll!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Hanii

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
Hmm judging by our current level of activity in this community, I think duets may work really well. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the others right now--it seems to be mostly KPop and H!P (as always with H!P XD), but it's been a MAJORRR influx of KPop the last few months especially.

With duets, it gives the availability for a lot of different options, so that may encourage people to join in (especially since mixing two is pretty easy for the majority to handle, in my opinion)? :)

I know this post is kind of irrelevant, but I just wanted to perhaps inspire people? n_n

This will be my first as an active mixer and pretty active YoPro-er, so I'm... really excited to see what the theme will end up. Hopefully, I can get people to join me in whatever happens. :3

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »
OOP, fixed the poll LOL. Shows how active I was for a while XD

Duets would be cool, and easy to pull off AND HANII SHOULD DUET WITH ME BECAUSE IT IS WRITTEN AS SUCH IN THE HOLY BIBLE OF DUBBING if you build it they will come, etc, etc.

Yeah, uh. ANYWAY. I think doing a theme like~ break up songs? Or something? Could be cool. Idk. Resident emo kid, here. Not ballads necessarily, just break up songs. Or unrequited love songs. Or SEXUAL SONGS. AHEM.

Seriously, how am I an admin. I. I don't even know.

Hanii

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
oh jesus. let's all do ballads about love. OH WAIT THAT'S LIKE EVERY BALLAD 8D

But yeah, obvsly we'd do something Farrah. You're like... my fav to duet with sooo obvsly. <3

You're an admin because you're awesome and have been here a while. 8D And because you're sexual. :D

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:38:32 AM »
I'm not sure if I'll participate just yet, but I'm going for Duets :)
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Miyako

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
Duets sounds like fun~

Current H!P Top 3: Fukumura Mizuki, Iikubo Haruna, Michishige Sayumi
Favorite Groups: Morning Musume, S/mileage
Current favorite song: ??????????????????????Ver?

Ayuna

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
Like BakaPai, I'm not sure if I'll join or not yet, but duets sound fun :D

Kagami

• View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:44 AM »
I think that doing duets would be awesome!

Beckie

• HUR
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Duets sound great! and disney hurp

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Here's some suggestions for further themes. My original goal with the collabs was to try and get people to sing things they wouldn't normally sing which is why we all have an MP3 of Liza singing Just Around The Riverbend *.* Coming up with themes is fun even if I officially Fainted From Dubbing recently I thought I'd bring some up!

- Anime songs! I'd personally allow no idol anime crossovers like guys I know Shugo Chara happened but we don't NEED more Buono up in this bitch.
- Vocaloid - some of us do vocaloid regularly but for a lot of H!P dubbers, who seem to be the only forum members lately, vocaloid is a bit of a stretch. It's fast, there's no room to breath, and it's full of range. It'd be a fun challenge!
- Some kind of oldies theme.
- Non-Korean/Japanese/English languages. We have so many international members, why not!
- American Pop Part 2, that one was the most popular collab we did gurl.
- Summer themed songs for the summer!
- Gender bending (even if we all know I hate it XD)
- Voice acting maybe? Like purposely singing a song in a different voice or do a duet/group with yourself!
- Acoustic covers. Lots of material thanks to youtube coverists and vocaloid having piano versions of everything ever.
- Songs about shoes I DON'T KNOW it's bed time and I ran out of steam XD

jko

• Yomusu
  • Eschew obfuscation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »
...Can I +1 songs about shoes even though I haven't sung here in forever?

I think a scavenger hunt kind of theme sounds like a lot of fun! Not just like "winter songs" but like "HITORI JANAI SONGS" (you can fill an album with HP alone. xD) or like "songs about smiling" or "songs about crying" -- fan-albums like that show up a lot on japanese music uploaders. I think it would be fun and cohesive to end up with a collab project that works as a standalone album in a weird way.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I do that too.

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »
Well, it's pretty clearly gonna be duets haha. I'll be closing this and then I'm off to make the thread for submissions :)

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
So just curious to hear an opinion from members before I do anything.  For the last Y!P collab, even though it clearly won the vote and was available for two months, it still only had 2 submissions for the cd (and we couldn't release it like that, even with an extension still nothing) especially because one of the songs was 2 Admins and idk about the other song but I think it had an admin aswell. 

Normally the Christmas collab cd information would be up right now, but in reality who would submit for it?  It's a tradition to do something for Christmas here though so what about a collab song?  I can start a topic for a Christmas song, have people sign up (though I would open it up on YouTube too, if no one opposes, I'd rather have one giant Christmas song then just have like 5 people sign up for it). 

Because some people are opposed to singing guy songs as girls (and our man-population kind of decreased a lot recently), and because others can't sing in Korean (or vice-versa), and I need a nice clean instrumental to mix or I will go crazy and I also need a clean difference in between chorus' and solo parts (and nothing stupid or short or really hard to sing).  I was thinking SNSD's Diamond.

It's all English, I have a clean instrumental, SNSD's a group that pretty much everyone knows in karaoke and the group I always get the most auditions for.  Not a super popular song, not a super amazing song.  But thoughts?

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7nWRNzMzVI

I've been really busy though.  So if it get's big enough I might need someone to help me time so I can make a nice video.  I should be able to but it also depends on how big of a collab I can get.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:39:45 PM by DC »

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »
Haha, this is the song 9SMILE are doing for Christmas as well.

I like the song but I worry we may not get many participants if only because it's in English and not very popular.  A lot of dubbers are SUPER uncomfortable singing in English for some reason, lol.

I'm still in favor of it, though.  We've gotta do SOMETHING. At the very least, I think people will be more willing to participate in a Christmas release because it's linked to an actual Holiday and thus is harder for people to forget about.

Enterprise © Bloc