Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: How did Your Dub Name Came to be?  (Read 11203 times)

Rin

• Girl Club
  • Y!P's own "Misunderstood VK Kid"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How did Your Dub Name Came to be?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
My youtube name is SprinkleCakezzz... which I came up with with my little sister's help xD
SpRINkleCakezzz.
Yeah.

Kiwi

• ???
    • View Profile
    • Colour-Coded SNSD Lyrics
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »
'Kiwi' because I'm a Kiwi (person from New Zealand)  :D

Miyu-chan

• ~*Me Loves My David Archie 4Ever*~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »
my real name's danielle but my dub name is based on miyu from super gals XD
My future's looking melodically bright~

amydien

• ^___^
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
Interesting how you guys came up with your stage names  :)
I got mine from using a Lord of the Rings name translator. "amydien"
I thought it sounds simple, unique and feminine, which is what I was looking for at that time. I've been using this for more that 6 years now and I have no plans of changing it either. ;D

Dani

• Girl Club
  • ??*? ???
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
DAMN there are TWO other Danielles here?

Anyway Dani is my name.  cromartiedropout is based on the anime Cromartie High School about a school for really dumb delinquent kids and one day I thought, "Wow, you'd have to be pretty dumb to dropout of Cromartie High," and then I realized cromartiedropout sounded pretty cool.  So it's been my username ever since.
avi by gypmama

TeruTeruBuggy

• It's officially bubble time
    • MSN Messenger - kinsenka@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShockingBuggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Wow, I just noticed this thread.  So, my first name is Jennifer, but my dad used to call me "Jenn-bug" when I was a kid, and some how through different iterations of this, it got turned into "Bugbug" then finally "Buggy".  Now he just calls me Jennifer, but one of my friends heard my dad call me "Buggy" and she thought it was shocking.  So I don't know why I added it on there, but I was 12 lol.

Still BUGGY, but more shiny now.

Ronnie

• x<3x<3
  • was nephiminechan
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephiminechan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
LOL mine is a crappy name that has an equally crappy story. I basically started off karaoke with Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, which was my foray into Japanese pop culture. I and two of my other friends were making youtube accounts specifically for karaoke use/as a lark, and couldn't think of anything good. Then we were watching an episode where Nephrite (SPOILER ALERT!) becomes human and Motoki employs him at the karaoke place but never calls him by the right name, instead he says stuff like Nephikichi and we THOUGHT maybe Nephimine and BAM, an idea was born. I am still deathly jealous of my friend with the Kamekichi username because she never uses it and that's the most awesome one :[

Oh, and we added -chan for lols. I probably would have registered with a REAL name if I had known what Y!P was when I registered for it for Renna's All-Stars thing, but I didn't. So. I didn't know I could actually post around here until five billion months later when I figured out what this place was.

Yeah...

/cool story bro

mski

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:23 PM »
First Japanese sounding name I thought of, no joke. :-[

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
You can actually change your name! It's in profile settings somewhere. Just as long as you put "I used to be nephiminechan" in your sig somewhere, you are good.

Tomie

• ZDIAC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »
When I first joined the Asian Music Dubbing Community the group I joined insisted I have a Japanese name.  Kawakami Tomie is a character from a Japanese Horror Manga called "Tomie" that was made into a series of live-action movies.  I picked it because it was different and I like Horror movies/books/etc.... 

TokiDokiHaato

• x<3x<3
    • AOL Instant Messenger - omgsecretdesu
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
I tend to use this as a screen name but I make it pretty well known that my actual name is Mandy.  I just, can't get into the fake Japanese names.  Like, I am a white girl, from WNY, I know my place.  And that place does not involve me using a ridiculous weeaboo pseudonym. 

Anyways, this screenname basically came up when my first YT account was deleted.  I used to have xradiatax.  I have a fondness for intentionally butchering Japanese in some weird attempt to be ironic and kinda poke fun at all the kids out there who add random Japanese into their conversations/profiles/comments (alas, another reason why I steer away from the fake Japanese names, I am 21 and have no business with that lol).  And so, I was like TokiDokiHaato rolls off the tongue nicely.  Essentially I think it means "SometimesHeart" which makes no sense, but that is the way I like it.

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 11:11:55 PM »
I've been in h online world since I was 12? And my mum was like 'don't use your name!!' so I was like hmm~ and after awhile I started thinking 'people've said I'm sweet, let's use Bonbon' (french for sweet) but then I decided to change into something more normal but cos of my love for Aibon, I kept the Bon bit and made Bonni, which was my safety net and no one knew me. But then here, I started to talk to people and was more 'Jodie' than 'Bonni' and since other people were changing their names, mine wouldn't be noticed so much, so yeah :)

Raphie

• Girl Club
  • xRaphie
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
Rinrin is the romanization of my Chinese name XDDD
and in japanese (????), it's EXACTLY how to pronounce my chinese name. lol
in chinese, for my name, it's like this: ??
same pronounciation as the Linlin from Morning Musume.

Renna

• Meow!~ Bunny Mixes for your Needs ;D
    • MSN Messenger - shikyo@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »
My real name is Rebecca and love making screen names that start with R.

It started as Raziva, but discontinued it as people were making accounts on other sites with the same now.
Then it became Rennette. My favourite flower at the time was the lily because of the lilium song from Elfen Lied so I adapted "Ren" to have a french influence to it.
Then my youtube account rennette got suspended, so it became Renshikyo. The Shikyo came from my email, which means death.

Over time, it became a little morbid to be called that, so I simply shortened it to Renna :D
Meow Meow~

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
Logan is my middle name. I don't use my first name ever since I hate it.

Enterprise © Bloc