Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: How did Your Dub Name Came to be?  (Read 11202 times)

Tsubasa

• MSN Messenger - tsubasa_karekano@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How did Your Dub Name Came to be?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
My nickname comes from a character in the manga Karekano (Kareshi kanojo no jijou.) I didn't pick it, my friends did.

I really like KareKano! And Tsubasa is actually my favorite character from the series. We should do a song from the anime together one of these days. XD
"Otoko wa ookami na no yo Ki wo tsuke nasai"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:34:12 PM by Tsubasa »

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:37 PM »
Soli started out as Solitudity because I was 13 and thought I was cool. (Solitude = Solitudity) Then Solitudity shortened to Soli because Tudity didn't really work. :D After that I realized that Soli is a musical term, meaning the plural of Solo.

I use the same username everywhere. So if you see it, it's probably me. :D

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
writerserenyty is my username everywhere. If you see it online, chances are that it's me. I've had it forever, that it's pretty much lost its meaning, but here's where it comes from.

writer: My dream is to be a writer (novelist). I love writing, so.. yep. :)
Serenyty: OK I chose this back when I was 12, and I was in a giant Sailor Moon phase. Seriously. I wrote so much crappy fanfiction about Sailor Moon in middle school, it was insane. Fanfiction which is NEVER seeing the light of day again, might I add. Anyways, I LOVED the name Serenity, and thought it was the most gorgeous thing ever. But that was already a name on fanfiction.net, so I chose Serenyty, because I like Ys.
Actually, it's kind of funny, but I had so many people ask me if I was a Joss Whedon fan with my username, that that's how I decided to watch Firefly. And the rest is history.

But yeah, I use writerserenyty for EVERYTHING. I bet if someone came up to me and shouted "hey! writerserenyty!" that I would respond without hesitation.
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 11:34:31 PM »
Actually, it's kind of funny, but I had so many people ask me if I was a Joss Whedon fan with my username, that that's how I decided to watch Firefly. And the rest is history.
I think that means JOSS WHEDON HAS DEFEATED SAILORMOON.

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
I think that means JOSS WHEDON HAS DEFEATED SAILORMOON.
INDEED.

I'm so glad that I decided to watch Firefly. I remember the first time I watched it I was like "Wait, they canceled THIS?" And my username brought me together with my then favorite TV show (now second to The X-Files)
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • MSN Messenger - nyankohime@live.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 12:44:10 AM »
In real life i hated my real name and would go by alex which is my middle name
and i would only use my real name over the internet,
i always was reffered too as a kitty or a bunny, and continuously say "Nyaaaa" and things so one of my friends was like "NYAAN"ko and naniko became nyanko xD

( Chiitaro<3 = Secrect Lovers! )

mski

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 07:23:37 AM »
i really dislike usernames with numbers, so i tried to come up with something original and Japanese-ey, and my name just came to be. xD;; it has no special meaning, it's just... there.

Little Rae

• LEETEUK!~X3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »
Uhhh....YouTube name.......TalentlessLoser.....that takes no explaination whatsoever

Little Rae......Rae's my nickname (Real name's Rachel XP) and I'm only 13 and I'm younger than alot of people here, and without it being part of it in the first place, now it serves the purpose of helping distinguish me and Rei better.

Kakurasai Rae.......Rae, again, nickname. Kakurasai was a cool name I thought up one day, I love it, and I've used it ever since ^^ When I leave my house, my last name is going to be legally changed to Kakurasai. One of the 1st things I plan to do XD

Michi

• dance with me, baby baby
    • ICQ Messenger - 8508730
    • MSN Messenger - gocchin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MichiShiranui
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - michi_shiranui
    • View Profile
    • Coffeetan.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »
When I was 12 I was in a Sailormoon RP (this was over 10 years ago, mind) and I was playing Sailor Neptune/Michiru. She isn't my favorite, but the character was open. The Sailor Uranus in the RP would call me "Michi" outside of the RP, and that same Uranus/Haruka player is one of my best friends today. Meaning, the name stuck when I was introduced to other people and I adopted it as an online name "officially" about 8 or 9 years ago.

Some people think it's because my real name is Michelle, but it's not. My real name is worlds different, haha.

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
Gypsychilde --> Gypsy --> Gypchan.

I've used the name since college, when the internet was still quite new to the world, so we are talkin' around 1996 or 1997.
It came to me on a whim. It might have been when I dressed as Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame for Halloween and people were saying how much I could pass for a stereotypical idea of what a gypsy is/was.

Then people began to shorten it, taking the corny "childe" (with the Ye Olde English "e") off, followed by the "sy".

Eventually, Nekonoai added the "chan" to it due to my fixation in anime and manga for a while. Y'know, it is something all weeaboo do in some form or another to each other (whether it's "chan", "san", "sama" or whatever, but at least I was not one of the millions of internet anime fans using the word for "cat" in their username, right? LOL). It stuck.
People still shorten it to "Gyp" anyway and I do respond to it if called it in person.

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 06:24:16 PM »
Dcgoddess3 came from the days where I first started comming on the internet.  I've had it for at least 8 years and it is still here.  When I created my first email ever, all of the usernames I ever tried were taken so I wanted something original that would not be taken.  Dc is my initials for my name, Danielle is my first name.  Goddess came from the fact that I had a Goddess costume for Halloween that year and I was obsessed with Greek Goddess'.  The 3 came from that being my favorite number at the time.  And the screenname stayed.  It is a bit different but I always hated going on websites and my name was always taken.

I also go by Menami a lot because people never know what to call me.  Menami came from a series that I was writing.  The name came from the fact that I had just watched a lot of the Digimon Movies and there was a character named Minami.  I did not like how it was spelled so I changed it to Menami.  Before I joined the VAA, I always went by Dani but I wanted a change.  I decided to go by Menami and have my screename be Dcgoddess3 and I still go by that.  Pre-VAA people usually call me Dani but, everyone past there calls me Menami or Dc.

I had so much fun reading everyone's name orgins.  I love reading about how others got there names, it's very interesting to me~!

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Purply

• Totally Up! Project
    • View Profile
    • Totally Up! Project
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
I came about my name because at first I wanted to be different. I've seen a lot of the same names and knew I couldn't be recognized by that alone. 2 years ago, I was really into the color purple, not the musical or book, and I thought maybe that could work. I added an y onto the end of it and that is how I got Purply.

I used it in voice acting stuff before I became more involved in singing. Whatever floats my boat. lols I guess.

Dez-Air | Totally Up! Project | Personal

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn

Amanda

• THE BAD COP
  • Retired~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »
My name comes from my veryfirstever internet account, my old neopets account XD I wanted to call myself cat_nation because I was like... 10 and cats are totally awesome. It was taken so I started adding letters and came out with Catanaition. I kind of want to change it now though because no one seems to be able to spell it @.@;

But now my DA, Gaia, Email and various other online things are under that name so I can't really change it XD
Stepping down/going on hiatus. Consider me gone unless I've spoken with you specifically regarding getting a hold of me. Love all your faces <3

Celia

• Yomusu
  • I'm the baddest female Odense ever had BD
    • MSN Messenger - Setsuna@live.dk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »
I go by either Celia or Setsuna XDDD

Setsuna came to be.. because I watched "Mahou Sensei Negima" and I was totally in love with the Character Sakurasaki Setsuna XD
And then I needed a new name for my account... And then Setsuna is was... and people started to call me that XDD

Celia... my real name xD
I love the Banjaks I will collect them all.

faktafaktafaktafaktafaktafaktafaktafaktafaktafaktafak^that's me BD

Also known as:
The bathroom singer
I RIKE TOKYO
C-E-L-I-A

Lines I owe:
Disco Drive - Ayuna
Don't Don - Reirei
Love in the ice - DC

Hikki-chii

• myungasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 11:45:08 PM »
I use Hikki because:
A LONG LONG time ago, I LOVED Kari from Digimon XDD;;
And her japanese name was Hikari~ which means 'light' which lead me to Hikaru Utada's song: 'Hikari', and then I picked Hikki just 'cause that's Utada's nickname. XD

I put her name to shame XDD
YouTube Channel: Click me!

Enterprise © Bloc