Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Shin Zoku Spam Thread #2  (Read 16173 times)

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Shin Zoku Spam Thread #2
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2013, 05:14:45 AM »
See when I get done with school I have to go find a job so then it's just one time consuming thing after another, but I'm so excited to be done with exams and projects and to just stop giving my school more money LOL

I'm a major in IT and my emphasis is web application development which under most schools is Computer Science but they messed up here and are fixing it after I graduate.  And yes for fall, my school likes to do things really early for some odd reason.  We signed up for Fall housing last week.  I think Summer class registration was about a month ago.  We end classes though around the first week of May though which is kind of early for some school's I guess (not 100% sure on this but we get out about a week or two before all of the school's around here normally).

Edit - He finally replied, I got the last spot for the class.  That was really nerve wracking LOL.  Only one more time dealing with registration after this.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:02:16 AM by DC »

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
Whoo! That's awesome. Very close call, but awesome nonetheless!

And after I graduated, I had to move to Charleston, SC, and I was only supposed to be there June-October (ended up being until December), so I couldn't try to find something permanent. I worked only about 10-12 hours/week for the first two months there. So, it was a huge change from school Tuesday/Thursday 8AM-6PM, working most other days between 5-9 hours/day (25-35 hours/week), and getting projects done in the free time I had. 

Now I'm lazier than I was before. Not a good thing!
Super Hero in Training  ☆彡Bazile Nylf彡☆

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »
See next semester I have no classes Monday or Friday, I don't start until noon on Tuesday and Thursday, and I don't have class until 6PM on Wednesdays.  I have it really easy now when it comes to time (I need to fit work in there but it's financial aid so it's only like 9 hours a week).  I have not had too many lucky semesters like next semester, though. 

I'm kind of worried for when I get on the job and I have to wake up early and work more hours than I'm in class for now.  But I'm SO ready to be done.  I can't deal with the same stuff for too long, and I've never been able to.  I just need a change from this. 

Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:41 PM »
I finished at this school in 3 years, so I had busy schedules. My last 3 quarters went like this...

Summer 2011, I took 12 credits, which was the max. My summer days were shot. Classes were usually everyday for 3-5 weeks. My one class was 6 hours long M-F for 5 weeks. PA to SC at least once or twice a month.
Fall 2011, I took 21 credits, also max. This included 4 studio classes. Also worked 35-40 hours/week during Sept/Oct. I honestly don't know how I didn't go insane. This was WAY too much. Back and forth from PA to SC every couple weekends. Breaks between classes were maybe 10-15 minutes long. I think I didn't have classes Monday and Friday, so I could work/go visit the hubby.
Spring 2012, I took 18 credits. Only 2 studio classes, but had a lot of studying with the other classes. PA to SC every other weekend.

I wish I had your schedule. Mine was way too much for me.  I honestly don't know how I did Fall 2011...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:14:44 PM by Princess Pudding »

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
I had one really bad semester where I took too many courses and decided to work the weirdest hours and it was bad.  That was back when I thought it would be cool to double major and that I could do it in 4 years.  I would have to take the max load of courses for two Summers in a row and I didn't want to do that.  I will never do that again.  And I can't imagine graduating in three years.  My friend was going to try but it's a really intense program especially with her majoring in something like biochemistry. 

I kind of like my major because the professors only want to teach at night.  So if you take four computer science classes they are going to be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6-9:35 each class.  Next semester I have 3 so I have the 3 night classes.  The semester after one is my capstone, one is a two-credit course, another will be online, and I want to take some study abroad type program with travel in the summer.  So I only have to meet for one class ever each week?  Sounds good to me LOL  The capstone is just this really big difficult project I will need the time though.

In some ways I wish I could get a job aside from my financial aid.  But I don't have a car on campus so it complicates things because there is not too much in this area.

I can't imagine taking 21 credits a semester.  I think the max here is 18 but if you pay extra you can take up to 20.

Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »
I commuted from home, so I had to have a car and a job. I always needed gas every 5 days or so... Unless I stayed at my father-in-law's house... He lived 5 miles away instead of 15. Such a life saver! Especially in the winter.

And the only reason I was able to finish in 3 years was because I went to two schools before my final one... One for two/three quarters. The other for a semester. Most all the credits did not transfer as a particular class, but I had the credits and all the specific classes needed (some were BSed into counting) to graduate.

And travel now while you can!!! It may be for school, but it'll still be worth it.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
My home is 50 miles from here.  Not too bad, but not a drive you want to do every day.  My friend commuted that distance in the Summer for awhile and she did not have fun waking up at four every morning for a full day of classes and work.  That would be good having someone 5 miles away in the winter.  I hate driving in the snow so much, it get's bad quite a lot!

And that makes sense.  I started with a fresh start, no credits.  So the full load every semester then.  I took an AP class in High School but I'm such a horrible test taker that there was no use in trying.  It helped me prepare for college though so it was worth it. 

I really want to!  I've managed trips every year since I started college and I've been to so many states in the past few years.  But going abroad would be fun and a great experience to have.  We have classes where you take the class about where you are going and then you go there either Spring break, Summer, Winter Term, etc.  I really want to take one that last semester because the chances of me getting on a plane and flying to a different country any other time in my life without previous experience in it are slim. 

My dad is just worried about it though.  Get on a plane by myself to go to New York and meet Rina (which to him is just some girl I met on the internet he doesn't know) and hang out for the weekend; "I guess."  Get on a plane with my classmates and a professor to a foreign country for a week and a half; "Uhh... we will see."  My dad makes so much sense LOL

Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »
LIANA! Broadway Japan. I was kind of excited by this. This is one of the roles I would have loved to play...The Wedding Singer featuring Takahashi Ai as a lead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kREegK1rPpI

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Purrrriiiiiiiin! Thanks for sharing. I miss Ai. She sounds stronger...the yelly/theatre vibrato kind of reminds me of Anza, nice and bell-like. Dawwwww! MEMORIESSSSS. CATS. I'm old.
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
I get a nosebleed every single day. I use nasal spray once in the morning and sometimes once at night. THIS IS FRUSTRATING. I've had at least 20 this winter alone. I know it's mostly just the air, but I've never gotten this many before.

Raphie

• Girl Club
  • xRaphie
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 05:54:05 AM »
derp.
I'm back. :P

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
LA LA LA people should spam or something idk what up

So, I am officially done with everyone in my school excluding like two people. I'm so good at making friends, honestly. If my early graduation is accepted, I will take it with the biggest smile on my face.

Korean is hard

Guy songs are hard, but I'm still trying to practice so I can maybe actually have presence online.

Enterprise © Bloc