Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Shin Zoku Spam Thread #2  (Read 15364 times)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Zoku Spam Thread #2
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
I was feeling nostalgic and started reading the H!P forum and found http://www.yoproject.net/index.php?topic=1371.0 and at one point Gino made a thread that said "Mano Erina: Friend or Foe?", I made a thread "Tsunku hates fatties", Ange made a thread dedicated ENTIRELY to a photo of Nacchi and some dude dressed like Tim Burton's pajamas. We were so awesome you guys.

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:29 PM »
/ninja mode

The little things in life that count. Like afro Atsuko.  :atsuko:

/end ninja mode
Super Hero in Training  ☆彡Bazile Nylf彡☆

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
PURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

omg there is a whole new generation of this forum that have absolutely NO CLUE why the afro icon is named "atsuko." It's not even an in joke it's a way back when H!P joke. :atsuko:

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
That's just crazy! People need Taiyou to Ciscomoon in their life...and every other awesome forgotten act in H!P ever. But seriously, how long has this forum been around? 5-7 years? It's sad that it only took that long before the group was completely forgotten. We need the old music back!

God, I've been so bored lately (honestly, that's why I'm here... and have been posting at MMBBS more too). Doing nothing all day is so frustrating. I need to start working again, which is currently pending on a drug and background check.

Also, I got grounded from driving my car and going any place until the weekend by my husband because my alternator needs to be replaced... It still drives though! It also ruins my routine of going to the gym everyday this week with the exception of Monday. Blah.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:17:14 PM by Princess Pudding »

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2013, 11:23:16 PM »
The day I saw someone refer to Iroppoi Jirettai as "old school H!P" I just gave up. I think it's working on it's seventh year. I remember organizing a fifth year anniversary project for it using ACTUAL old school H!P songs and like. Five people participated. Good times XD

Oooh what for? I'm job hunting right now. I had a job but they cut my hours in half so L O L. I'm trying to find something that actually utilizes my degree, but . . . bachelor degrees are hilarious jokes these days and mine is only an associate so I might as well not have it XD Wish me luck!

I am still weirded out by you saying husband. I'm like sixteen year olds can't get MARRIED oh wait time passes . . .

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »
I honestly think when the board started up, I was 17-18... But at least I'm not telling you I'm prego! Or have so many kids!

Understand the degree thing though. Luckily for me, half of Hawaii seems to be hiring or at least advertises that they are, so despite being here less than two.months, I've gotten a job at Home Depot but also have a good chance of getting this full time job I applied for at the beginning of this week. Both relate to my degree! So best of luck with the search. I think I just got here at a good time...

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2013, 01:01:29 AM »
So far none of us are pregnant! Good job us. Though I'm 26 now so my baby fever is rampin' up. I need to find the person I'm going to settle down with THIS YEAR if I want any quality time with them before making me some kids.

My degree is in film (ultimately why I stopped at the associates degree. if there's a field where a degree means NOTHING, girl, it's film) so the likelyhood of me getting a job in that field specifically is not SO great until I have something complete I can show to people, I just want some kind of shitty data entry or receptionist job that wants you to have SOME education while I work on scripts and novels and things. Apparently I need to move to Hawaii!!! What's it like there girl are you dying with happiness?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »
Luckily, my niece and nephew are here on the island, so I have no baby fever. They are cute for only so long.

It's pretty awesome here, but I'm not dying of joy inside.  ;D Views of some places are pretty spectacular. The weather is phenomenal ALL THE TIME. By that, I mean its not cold and there's NO SNOW! Which is probably my favorite part. Humidity is pretty good. I almost died when I lived in South Carolina for the humidity alone. God it sucked in Charleston. But cost of living is super high and minimum wage is only $7.25 here (I couldn't believe this. It's exactly what it was in PA and SC), so there's quite a bit of poverty. Really the only places that are in great condition are Waikiki and probably the military bases. Overall, the houses and such are in pretty rough shape. Not like falling apart, but they just can't be kept up on the outside. Rugged looking.

Food and gas are more expensive here than I would like too, but I'm trying to eat better, which has been consisting of tofu and rice and some fish. Tofu is $1.32 for a container and rice is like $12-14 for a 15lb bag. Haha so I'm eating cheap-er and none of that Southern deep fried crap! I gained too much weight for my liking while in SC. God, was the food delicious... Here I have three restaurants I would go back to... Chile's, Bubba Gumps, and one that is not a chain, but my family here likes this southern grill too. Only place with Southern Sweet Tea! Yay Southern cooking....

But seriously, while this is a touristy place, there is a ton of things to do that don't cost anything but gas money. There are hundreds of hikes and outdoorsy things to do. We try to go on a hike every weekend he has off. This past Sunday, which tried out scuba diving, which didn't go so well for me, but what I did do, was pretty awesome. Just don't make me take my mouth piece out... ;) there's waterfalls, swimming, beaches up the wazoo. In this aspect I love it since I still love photography (my degree s in woodworking if I never mentioned that) and there's a lot of photo opportunities.

Otherwise... I'm stuck on an island!

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »
WHY AM I STILL SICK IT HAS BEEN TWO WEEKS I AM TIRED OF THIS

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »
I hate registering for courses so much.  The school I choose has way too many people at it for how big it is because in the past few years they accepted too many people.  So we are over capacity and it sucks for registering.  Every single semester I have had some kind of problem with registering, some are small problems some are major and screw me over until I rework my 4 year plan again.  However, approaching my Senior year I don't have room to "rework" anymore.

So I register, I get into two.  Another one my adviser just needs to approve me for because he forgot to but it's okay I got it.  But the last one is so annoying.  So the prerequisite is listed as 3 courses.  You just need to take one of those courses.  So I took it Freshman year, didn't think twice about it right?  I go to sign up for the course but it won't let me.  I call the registrar's office and they told me that one course I took was a typo and it's not a prerequisite.  Really?  So not only is it a typo in my catalog and all of the catalog's after but it's a typo in the course description on the site?  So I email the chair (because this class is not a computer science course but a graphics course I'm required to take).  He replies "...And you are taking this course why?"

...Really?  No I'm just emailing you because it looked like a fun elective.  Since I emailed back there has been no reply.  I need this course and I need it before all of the spots are full.

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
At my school, as long as you got this override paper filled with the teacher's signature and your adviser (may not even have needed this) saying it was okay to take the class, you were set. Just had to add the class in a couple days after taking it to the registrar's office.

But really, it shouldn't be as difficult as it is to register for classes! You have to cross check so many things to make sure you can graduate with said class, and my adviser never told me to make a 4 year plan, and there were classes I had registered for that I didn't need. I took a GRADUATE class one summer because no one told me no or that classes with course numbers after a certain range were graduate only. That class was horrible, and it's sad, but I did better than most of those graduate students.

BUT if you are having this trouble, chances are, you aren't the only one, so you could have time to get this all worked out before others do.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »
The problem is that at our school they do it by class for registering.  It goes Honors, Seniors, Juniors, etc.  And it's pretty much you get what you get depending on what's left.  As a Freshman it sucks really bad.  So since I am a Senior I got one of the first registration times.  By tomorrow the spots in this class will be gone.  There's only 8 spots left with just Seniors registering in a Junior/Senior class.  I really hate the way things at my school are run.  You'd think as a Senior classes would get easier to sign up for. 

Kind of ridiculous that you took a graduate class and no one told you.  The grad school we have is about a mile from here and they are under different registration times and such so that would be impossible to do here.

Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »
Also, another thing to do is once the new quarter (I'm assuming it's quarters instead of semesters) starts, check the classes the first week. People ALWAYS drop. Granted, it's nerve racking, but it still will hopefully get you the class you need. That, or email the teacher and explain the situation, and ask if you can attend the first class and be added if a name is dropped? I guess all schools are different, but I know of people that would do that.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2013, 11:17:44 PM »
It's semesters here.  LOL is it sad that I've already been in both of those situations?  Trying to get into classes after people dropped and talking to teachers to get in and hope they let me are both things I've had to deal with and it's pretty much the worst feeling ever.  I know all of the ins and outs of the frustrations of not getting your classes at this school.  They just should not be problems in the first place especially for every semester since I started at this school.  The only semester I was fine was the first semester of my Freshman year at orientation where they hold your hand and tell you what to take and when. 

The second semester of my Freshman year the only reason why I got classes was because my friends who were taking less credits than the cap held them for me until my registration time.  Hopefully it goes okay and the chair emails me back tomorrow morning.  8 spots left!

I'm so excited to be done with college now.

Did you vote yet?

Princess Pudding

• Bazile Nylf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
It's so much nicer being done with school!!!!! I finished last May, and while I miss having ALL of my time taken up, god it feels good not to be up early, walk in the cold-snow-rain, have projects and due dates.

I do miss making things, though...

What's your major? Is this for summer classes or are you already signing up for fall classes?!

Enterprise © Bloc