Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition CS5.5? What do you all think!  (Read 2141 times)

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Adobe Audition CS5.5? What do you all think!
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
I just want to ask, has anyone on Yo! Project used this yet?  I don't really want to go through the effort to crack and figure out how to use it if it isn't worth it so I want to see what mixers think here first before I go find it and spend a ton of time on a program if I have a better one.

I'm not really focusing on timing tools, as I work in Audacity for that (never made the jump, not really interested in the jump.  Audacity is so much more time consuming but so much easier for me to work).  Every single review I've read on this said it really sucked, but most of those people are probably in more professional mixing and are used to programs like Pro Tools.  I would like to see this from a dubbing point of view.  I just want to know are the Eq's better?  Reverb?  Mastering?  Or is it all just mostly the same?  Like I know my 1.5 to 3.0 was a huge jump and totally worth it but is this worth it?  Or am I probably better off with just sticking to 3.0? 

And a lot of people said it has a lot of bugs...is this effecting anyone?  I don't know has anyone even downloaded this yet?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:16:58 PM by DC »

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adobe Audition CS5.5? What do you all think!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »
I tried it for about a week. Personally, I didn't like it. It's HUGE compared to the older Auditions and even a simple vocal remove took like 15 minutes to complete for me. None of the other Auditions run slowly for me, but this one was at turtle speed. Could just be me, though.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »
Yeah new Adobe programs in general are huge!  I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 on my old computer for the longest time but it took around 8 hours to export a video and I could barely play the clips back in the program.  They are not meant for old computers at all, sadly  :'(

It would probably be faster on the computer I have.  New Adobe programs in general take up a lot of space and even though you can work most on both 32-bit systems and 64-bit systems, they are really really pushing to get rid of 32-bit use (like quite a few new Adobe programs don't support 32-bit anymore) so that could also make it run really slow.

Did you vote yet?

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
I'm making the switch over to it. It seems to have the same shit Audition 3.0 has but just looks cooler. Most of my problems have been readjusting myself to whichever shortcuts or whatnot. I haven't find anything that's changed my mixing or that I found to be BETTER, but I've really only timed in CS5 so far and done a quick concert mix, so I might uncover stuff as I start using it more. MOSTLY I'm mad it's not backwards compatible with 3.0. I'm not going to set up my .ses files all over again so the reason WHY I haven't mixed in CS5 much is because all my old stuff is already set up in 3.0 and won't open in CS5.

TeruTeruBuggy

• It's officially bubble time
    • MSN Messenger - kinsenka@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShockingBuggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
Used it for the last... 3 new mixes I've done and I think I like it.  There are some things that I like about it that they improved on from 3.0 (hello redo for multitrack mode), but then the broke other things (why do you keep playing past my highlighted section on playback mode?!).  I switched because I was told that they had Native 5.1 surround sound capabilities that I'm experimenting with (with limited success OTL) and 3.0 had no support for it.  I noticed since I have a pretty powerful laptop, that it runs much much faster than 3.0.  I'm wonder if it uses more than 1 core, because 3.0 would max the heck out 25% of my processing power and then that was it, but I have yet to put on so many things on multitrack mode in CS5.5 that's made the thing trip on itself.

Btw, I can't seem to get my plugins such as CMX to work at all on CS5.5.  Not that I've needed it quite yet, but I know that day is coming soon.  Has anyone else gotten it to work for them?

Still BUGGY, but more shiny now.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »
Ah thank you both for this!  I will probably download it and try it out when I have more time to experiment with things and see how it goes.  Everyone says they hate it but if there are at least some interesting new things I might as well try it out  :D

Did you vote yet?

Raina

• My lovely A.Y.U.M.I. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »
I have 2 versions of audition and this one runs on my PC ~ some older one runs on my  laptop. I don't know if its because I am used to it but I like the older one more - maybe couse I use it more. 5.5 is good too but since I know where my stuff is and I hardly remember names of effects which makes me think of where to find the right effect ... so yeah I started telling not needed info -.- I dont use it so much! BUT if someone starts mixing for a first time now I would recomend him/her to use it since its newer and we have to get used to the fact that sooner or later we are going to use the newer versions ~.~
So...
Is it  good  - YES
Do I like it more then the older versions - NO

^_^Y

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Well I use Adobe Audition 1.5 for recording then Adobe Audition 3 for mixing. I got Adobe Audition just because I've been spending most of my time on my laptop which had no mixing programs on it. I honestly tried CS5.5 I TRIED! It had lots of new, useful effects that 3 didn't have which got me very excited. But when it came down to timing... No. Just no. It threw me to the depths of despair. I hated it and I'm never touching the program again. If anything, I want those effects on AA 3.0 with AA 1.5's recording capabilities.

Miku_Sora

• No matter where u are... Dreams come true
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »
I have started using the CS5.5 and I feel very full, heavier in comparison to previous editions. I use supplements and mixing effects, but for recording use Sony Sound Forge Pro I is simpler and as is the one I use for quite some time I can manage better. Right now I'm studying, but has not given me any problems. For those that begin with this music because I see a little complicated (Just start the program asks you to define in the same sample rate the audio input and output) and that it can be tricky unless you have a least idea. It's like comparing Paint to Photoshop. It will be easier to use Paint, but does not offer the same results or the quality of Photoshop work, precisely because it is much denser and complete. To taste the colors: D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a rock star!!!!!<3<3<3 Nananananannaa....

Enterprise © Bloc