Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Video issues?  (Read 2549 times)

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
Video issues?
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »
I have had lots of issue with Sony Vegas ever since I started using it. I'm hoping someone can help me with at least one of them because I am seriously fed up today after rendering and rendering and rendering videos with the recommended settings only to have them look like crap every time.

Issue 1:
I've followed tons of youtube tutorials for 720p video, and while I do achieve the 720p, my videos still never look as clear as those I see that are uploaded by others. For example, everything in this video is blurry as hell and I have no idea why. It still uploads to 720p but it looks like absolute shit. I've PMed three or four of the aforementioned dubbers asking if they could possibly share with me the settings they use, but needless to say, none of them every reply because, idk. I guess dubbing is srs bsns and this information is suprsupr top sekret.

Issue 2:
I am determined to get my videos to display in full screen on youtube, but EVERy tutorial on how to do this says to render as a WMV or MP4. There's just one small issue with that - Vegas refuses to do this for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it three times to no avail. Every time I tried to render in WMV or MP4, I would get the error "There are no templates available to support this format" and now? WMV and MP4 don't even show up as options in the drop down list anymore. I've read countless threads about other people with this problem but no one has found a solution, and most of these threads are dated in 2009 and such, so I assume that to this very day, no one has figured out how to make it work. For now, I am doomed to use the widescreen youtube tag, which generally makes the video look really crappy.

I may or may not be doomed to forever having fucking terrible youtube videos, in which case. I. Will. Continue head desking for eternity.

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Video issues?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Haha pretty much the solution to your problems with everything is the fact that I export in Mp4.  Not that it will help you much but my settings are this:

Mp4 Internet 1280x720-30p
Click the Custom tab -> audio -> Change the bit rate to 512,000 (I don't know if what I'm doing is good or bad like this but whenever I export from any program that has to do with dubbing the first thing I think about is how much like crap it's going to sound if I don't export in the highest quality audio format possible).

Also be sure to check the "Stretch video to fill output frame size" box.  I was not and it was messing up my subs for so long until I figured that out haha XD  Every single time I went for full screen (which is normally never) that is what I did. <- wait scratch that, if you check that it won't give you full screen, but if you put text on it in Vegas it will mess it up (at least that's what Vegas always does to me, I don't think I sub things right XD).

What version of Vegas do you have?  Or maybe it's your computer, what kind of computer do you have?  A huge issue I had when I first got it is that after 30 days it would not open and I always had to re-install, I thought the crack I used sucked but then when I got a new computer (64-bit system compared to a 32-bit) it has not done that to me since and I used the exact same crack (which is sadly, on private right now).  I think Vegas is just kind of buggy.  :'(

If you can figure out how to export in Mp4 that is what I use.  But maybe someone else will have another setting?  I just like Mp4 because the file sizes are SO tiny compared to others for a pretty decent high quality video.  But I've also tested for hours when I got Vegas on a good format and this is the best one I found that worked for me.  Probably a ton of other combinations, though.

But yeah when I first got Vegas pretty much all of the formats suck except for Mp4 and Avi (maybe someone else will say otherwise though).  And Avi get's up to like 8GB for half of your video that big so you don't want to go down that road (at least that's what it does for me XD).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:53:29 PM by DC »

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
I wish I could figure out why it won't let me save in MP4. Another weird quirk is that after a few months, all of my plug ins and effects disappeared. All of them. No idea why. I read online about it happening to other people but no one ever found a solution.

Thanks for sharing your settings with me! Your video mixes are amazing, so I'm sure that information will prove very useful when my computer stops being a dick. MP4 seems to be the preferred setting for most. I just wish Vegas would let me use it!

I have Sony Vegas 8.0. I'm wanting to upgrade but I don't really know where to look :P My computer is fuh-reaking ancient -  it's like, a 2005 Dell. Windows XP. Kicking it  old school. I bet if I had a newer one I wouldn't be having these issues at all, but alas!

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
Yeah I think it's something to do with old versions of Vegas, when I first downloaded it I went old before new and that thing was so old I did not even know how to work the basics in the video editor, which I can normally pick out right away XD

Half of the issues that I had with everything in dubbing (video exporting, mixing, recording, etc.) were because of my old computer (and it was not even that old, I think it was a Vista with Windows 7 installed on it that we got in like '07 or something).  Sadly old computers don't really like dubbing much D'X

But I get every single program ever simply by typing it in on YouTube unless it is already at Yo! Project or something.  As long as you read the comments and look at the likes/dislikes people are going to tell you if it's safe or not.  This is not the one I used but from quick search I found this for Sony Vegas 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPfu1phAwvM

Never tried this one but I have 10 and everything works just fine.  You might have the same problem I did on my old computer so it stops working after a month but then just go back and crack it again.   :D

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Beckie

• HUR
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
It's likely you know all of this already but just in case LOL

For the blurry thing, click Alt+Enter and check the 'Full Resolution Rendering Quality' Is set to best! That messed stuff up for me a couple of times when it was set to preview for no apparent reason xDD

For full screen, I save it as WMV, 4.8 mbps HD 720-24p video (or higher, just my computers slow as fack) ,and check the 'Stretch video to fit output size (do not letterbox)'
I think my friend goes to Custom by the rendering templates and say Image Size: Custom and then change the Width to 1280 and Height to 720, so that might work..

I have Sony vegas 10 too :D But yeah i had the same problems as you with the missing effects and stuff, as well as not being able to import anything that's not .wmv format. You just have to go searching for it, but thats a bit dodgy, so it would be best to get 10 probably, DC's link looks good :D

If all else fails and you've uploaded the video, the tag yt:stretch=16:9 is really helpful for full screen issues! XD

Farrah

• Boys & Girls
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
Thanks for the advice you guys~ we just got our tax return money so I got a new computer *___* and it's kind of amazing and has like tons of ram and is very new so hopefully I will now be able to run the newer versions of Vegas and have pretty videos! :D If anyone wants to point me towards any torrents, well. . . I won't stop them 8D

Ayuna

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question. (not sure if this would be an appropriate place to ask but I'm not sure where else to lol)

When making a graphic for an HD video, (1280x720 or 1920x1080. I save videos both ways) what are good dimensions to size the graphic? the way I've made my graphics for a long time works, but they look kinda fuzzy after I save them.

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 05:23:26 PM »
What file type were the graphics and do you remember what quality you saved them as?

Ayuna

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
I usually save them sized 720x405 as .png
but like I said, I know that's small, and they usually look fuzzy once I export my videos and stuff

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
If anything, it's too small. Png is a lossless format so it shouldn't blur...

Utamiko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 04:33:23 AM »
I guess it makes sense to be blurred, because you're trying to stretch 720x405 pixels onto 1280x720 pixels(or 1280x1080 if you're going for the full HD!)~ it's quite a bit smaller on each dimension~

I always use the actual video sizes... I usually make it for 720 so, I always make them as 1280x720  in png form (assuming your graphics is suppose to fill the whole video screen). They're always very clear for me~
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:36:19 AM by Utamiko »

Ayuna

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
I guess it makes sense to be blurred, because you're trying to stretch 720x405 pixels onto 1280x720 pixels(or 1280x1080 if you're going for the full HD!)~ it's quite a bit smaller on each dimension~

I always use the actual video sizes... I usually make it for 720 so, I always make them as 1280x720  in png form (assuming your graphics is suppose to fill the whole video screen). They're always very clear for me~
Now that I read that, I feel really dumb for not figuring that out earlier XDD
thank you so much though! this is exactly what I needed! ^^

Enterprise © Bloc