Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Author Topic: Thursday Weekly Karaoke Chat  (Read 5527 times)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Thursday Weekly Karaoke Chat
« on: September 15, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
SO in the Before Times, many of us used to hang out together in Skype and it wasn't to talk, it was to sing. Many aspects of this got obnoxious and then we all got super comfortable with each other and now want to chat all the time always. But I miss some aspects of it and, the other day, Y!P members got a chance to sing with some lovely people at the Voice Hollywood forums. They sang Muse and Adele and blew our minds, Joel sang Ecomoni and Reba sang PonPonPon and Amanda spewed rapid fire anime girl talk and I sang I Don't Care without knowing the lyrics at all. We classy bitches.

Some people expressed interest in more karaoke chats and I decided why not host one? Thursday is my night off but none of my other real life friends (see: two gay guys and my siblings) can do anything on it so I'm always home like ":/" It's impossible to try and schedule an awesome time that works for everyone so . . . I know it's a school night but it works out for us new adults working retail and college students who don't get up until noon anyway. I'M SORRY. IT'S ME TIME.

Liana's Karaoke Bar opens at 6 PM central and is open all night, you can just come in whenever. It stays open even after she goes to bed. At one point in my life I remember leaving a Skype chat, waking up, getting on Skype, and the SAME SKYPE CHAT WAS STILL GOING ON.

However, as long as Bar Hostess Liana is around, we will follow some rules.

RULE NUMBER ONE
We will figure out an order ASAP and stick to it. When a new person comes in the chat, they get to "butt" in line, either right away or whenever they feel ready, and after that that is the order they will sing in forever.
IE:
- Liana starts the chat with Mike, Amanda, and DC. They decide the Order will be Liana, Amanda, DC, Mike.
- Joel comes in after Amanda sings. We ask if he's going to sing and he says yes, but wants to wait a song. DC sings, then Joel sings after her, then Mike.
- For the rest of the evening the order is Liana, Amanda, Joel, DC, mike.

RULE NUMBER TWO
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL TIME, EVER, IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING.
If you say "I don't want to sing" "I'm too intimidated to sing" "I'm not a good enough singer to sing in front of you" "I'm too nervous" then you have forfeited your turn, end of story, no one will be mean about it but I WILL NOT ALLOW anyone to try and convince you to sing. This accomplishes two things- sometimes, someone just DOESN'T want to sing. And way more often than that, people are fishing for compliments. In the Before Times we'd get people doing this every time it was their turn to sing. They LOVED being convinced. It's a waste of time, it's annoying as shit to both listen to and participate in, and I will not allow it. No fishing and no taking the bait, both sides. If someone says they don't want to sing, we respectfully skip over them immediately and they will not be allowed to sing until their next turn.

RULE NUMBER THREE
Obviously, if someone wants to just listen, they can! Again, let's not spend 10 minutes whining at the person who wants to listen to please get on the mic.

RULE NUMBER FOUR
For the first three rounds that I'm there for, the maximum amount of silly in between song talk time is 10 minutes. This way, everyone gets to sing before they have to crash and those who are a little more timid and shy and unable to say "BITCHES IT'S MY TURN TO SHINE" are ensured that eventually I'll jump in and be like "Gino, wow, shut up for five minutes and let the nice girl sing, Jesus."

RULE NUMBER FIVE
You don't have to be perfect. In fact it's better if you're NOT perfect. In the Before Times it was encouraged to mess up and angrily swear at yourself. Basically we're hoping to find the next accidental Y!P meme, secretly (but don't TRY, please). This should be comfortable and fun, not a singing contest! If you want to whip out your diva hair, more power to you, it's lovely listening to my friends show off their stuff live. But if you just want to hang out and have fun, sing Super Bass.

RULE NUMBER SIX
This is for everybody. Most dubbers have serious drama with at LEAST one other dubber. Leave it somewhere else, come anyway, even if you know that dubber will be there. Who knows, maybe you'll accidentally make up! The point is, just ignore each other.

I'll update with more as I see fit :D THIS SHOULD BE FUN! (and it starts next Thursday, not this one.)

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
Re: Thursday Weekly Karaoke Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
Wow, I sooo wanna participate but it starts at like... 9 in the morning where I am? On a Friday? :/ I think I just (finally) installed skype for nothing. But perhaps the chat will still be up 6 hours later when I get home. (Why can't these things be on weekends?) xD

Ignore this post, selfish post is selfish.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:06:19 AM by Kotone »

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
Wow, I sooo wanna participate but it starts at like... 9 in the morning where I am? On a Friday? :/ I think I just (finally) installed skype for nothing. But perhaps the chat will still be up 6 hours later when I get home. (Why can't these things be on weekends?) xD

It's impossible to try and schedule an awesome time that works for everyone so . . .

Weekly things get bottlenecked when people try to figure out an awesome time that works globally and it's IMPOSSIBLE. I'm running this one, so I'm scheduling it around me XD If it goes well and someone wants to host another, no one will say no :D

Joel

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Mumble Rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Why couldn't this start yesterday :(
Boys in karaoke are like black people in the 50s :(

Thanks Gyp for the Kirakira sig and thanks Liana for the avvie!!!
I'm a big fat whore.

Kapparin

• Girl Club
  • ( *?`)???????)?`)????
    • MSN Messenger - mikitty.nyannyan@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephikichichan
    • View Profile
    • Hana Project
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:51 PM »
RULE NUMBER SIX
This is for everybody. Most dubbers have serious drama with at LEAST one other dubber. Leave it somewhere else, come anyway, even if you know that dubber will be there. Who knows, maybe you'll accidentally make up! The point is, just ignore each other.

I will not be participating because Liana is involved. I just can't bring myself to be in the same chat as her. Thank you.

Actually I will not be participating because I work 3 PM-11:30 PM every day during the week, but let's pretend it's because I hate Liana. That's much more juicy.

Wish I could, tho, tbh. Karaoke chats are awesome.

Tomie

• ZDIAC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »
Will this be recorded?  It should! lol. 

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 09:43:37 AM »
In the Before Times, Rob would sing Love Machine and Geof would get drunk and hit on underage girls while I sent him angry text messages to stop being a pirate, and we all would do Myu stuff, and be coerced into cooing naughtily mid-ballad. At Neko. Good times.

This is a fun idea, and Superbass is my jam.
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
WOW KAPPA you're like the sea witch and I'm the precious beautiful Little Mermaid.

Tomie, I actually do plan on recording it and using silly bits in Y!P radio, but I won't upload the whole thing because I'm lazy and no one would ever listen to it.

WOW KRISTI YOU SHOULD COME YOU NEVER COME ANYMORE . . . . . . . . . . wow let's just walk past that one.

Joel

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Mumble Rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
YOU SHOULD ALL COME
Boys in karaoke are like black people in the 50s :(

Thanks Gyp for the Kirakira sig and thanks Liana for the avvie!!!
I'm a big fat whore.

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »
JOEL IS COMING. KRISTI WE WILL MAKE YOU COME.

stardusties

• Boys & Girls
  • Ruby =^___^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
wow....stuff just oozed out of my headphones.

WHY ISNT THURSDAY TODAY!?!??!
Quote from: Liana
Obviously my main dream is to smell SNSD.

~Groups~
Trike's Angels
Snowy Whispers
??????

~Ppl I owe Lines~
MegumiNakazawa -HS Weddinguu~, Heya to T shirts , Arigz otomodachi
trike. ugh. -dies-
Rin - SW single #2

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
wow....stuff just oozed out of my headphones.
THAT WAS JOEL AND I COMING.

. . . This is why Y!P doesn't have any friends.

Kapparin

• Girl Club
  • ( *?`)???????)?`)????
    • MSN Messenger - mikitty.nyannyan@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephikichichan
    • View Profile
    • Hana Project
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »
WOW KAPPA you're like the sea witch and I'm the precious beautiful Little Mermaid.

WOW BITCH YOU WANNA GO COME AT ME.

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »

WOW KRISTI YOU SHOULD COME YOU NEVER COME ANYMORE . . . . . . . . . . wow let's just walk past that one.

I'VE BEEN UNDER A LOT OF STRESS, OK? Can't you like. Light a candle and work your karaoke business to try and help me out instead of publicly lambasting my Skype emotional/physical disconnect? Or wear a Matt Damon mask and tell me you like my thumbnail sketches. RELATIONSHIPS AND KARAOKE CHATS ARE WORK, IF YOU WANT ME TO GET THERE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME HELP YOU GET ME THERE.

Actually I'm off Thursday. Might even make the boy do it if he's here, he real!karaokes so why not computer?
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
lmao btw everyone. Literally for the past 10 months I have had Fridays off. They JUST decided to change it and now god knows what's going on. I'll still do this Thursday though but might change it later since, like I said, if I try to schedule it for anyone's convenience other than my own it'll just never happen :( I hope to get someone on the other side of the world getting one going later!

The point is I'll crash like two hours after starting this LOL at least I don't have to get up until 4:00 AM the next morning! Woooooow.

My life.

WOW BITCH YOU WANNA GO COME AT ME.
WOW I DO I WANT TO COME AT YOU AND COME AT YOU LONG AND HARD.

I would wear a Matt Damon mask if one was purchased for me. Just saying. I would wear it and run around saying "Matt Damon" like in Team America.

Enterprise © Bloc