Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: Sharing the good news!  (Read 3522 times)

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • AOL Instant Messenger - applebyarrow
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
Sharing the good news!
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
I posted this originally in the Things That Made Today Neat thread but Joel said it needed it's own thread.  So here we are.  Admins feel free to move this wherever. 

Feels like forever since I've been waiting to share this news.  But I finally can tell everyone!  It's insane. I honestly am afraid I'm going to wake up from a dream at any moment.  I don't reall know what to think!  Too much to type out and explain but the short of it is - Happy! Project has the chance to record our own original single and it might possibly be promoted in Japan!  I'm rather blown away even by the thought of this!

For more info on it, check out this page! http://fb.me/RH4hiOfQ

OMG!!!!!! *DIES*

That's what I've posted before.  Here is a bit more information. 

Through a really weird connection (Our rather ... interesting Japanese teacher) we met a music composer and producer.  He used to work in Japan for AVEX (we died.) and misses the Japanese music industry and wants to be more involved again.  The Japanese teacher gave him our info and he looked us up.  He said he was impressed and contacted us right away.  We scheduled a meeting, went and saw his studio, listened to several demo songs that he wrote for us, recorded a small song in his studio just to give him a feel for our voices.  It was an amazing meeting!  We picked a song, and are now fundraising to get the rest of the money needed to pay for the final produciton.  (He's giving us a HUGE discount, and this is honestly music that's better than a lot of groups in Japan that I've heard.) 

We posted the information on our blog, facebook, and twitters last night.  We've already been contacted by a radio here in Oklahoma wanting to play our song and promote us as soon as we release it.  (I wonder if he missed the part about it being in JAPANESE!)  We have also had several of the Cruel Girls, JHiP, Hello Online, and even one of Coconuts Musume retweet and comment on it!  We're really on cloud nine about this and so excited. 

I keep thinking that people don't realize that it's JUST US.  We aren't THAT GOOD.  Definitely not to deserve to be having this much luck and be getting to do this sort of thing.  I really think I'm going to wake up any second. 

Anyways, I thought I would share this with you all.  I've been here for what seems like forever and this place is so important to me.  I figured if anyone would get how amazing this was, it would be you all! 
- Also known as SHEawase now.. LOL
Icon by Gyp! <3

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Sharing the good news!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »
I was waiting for this to get it's own thread!  That is amazing news and congratulations to you and the rest of your group!  You all work so hard and have so much fun doing it and I hope we get the chance to hear your song soon <3

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
Omg, Gidget! That's amazing! I really hope you do well. Wow, that's really a lucky oppotunity.

Kapparin

• Girl Club
  • ( *?`)???????)?`)????
    • MSN Messenger - mikitty.nyannyan@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephikichichan
    • View Profile
    • Hana Project
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
Like I said on your FB, Gidget, that's totally awesome news! Best luck to you guys!

Manon

• Fores claudio ergo sum
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 03:50:07 PM »
That's so awesome *.* Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

My youtube channels
FuyumiPopo
HalfPastManon

Jen ?

• Self proclaimed Sayumiphile and Renaphile <3
    • MSN Messenger - jrperson15@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - takaritsubaki
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
OMG, congratulations to you all, you all deserve this! :3

Best of luck to you all! :]

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
Congrats, Gidge!!!

stardusties

• Boys & Girls
  • Ruby =^___^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »
Holy carp!!! That's really awesome :) what an sweet connection. Will you guys be able to share the song with us? :3
Quote from: Liana
Obviously my main dream is to smell SNSD.

~Groups~
Trike's Angels
Snowy Whispers
??????

~Ppl I owe Lines~
MegumiNakazawa -HS Weddinguu~, Heya to T shirts , Arigz otomodachi
trike. ugh. -dies-
Rin - SW single #2

Joel

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Mumble Rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
She actually recorded a song (something) Boy Kansha (?) Girl. RIGHT, GIDGET?!
Boys in karaoke are like black people in the 50s :(

Thanks Gyp for the Kirakira sig and thanks Liana for the avvie!!!
I'm a big fat whore.

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
I've only seen her post very vague things about it...has she the ok to release a name already, was that public sharing? :x
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Joel

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Mumble Rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:59:52 AM »
Yup! (I had double checked) it said on her fb what the song is. IF NOT OMG LET ME KNOW!
Boys in karaoke are like black people in the 50s :(

Thanks Gyp for the Kirakira sig and thanks Liana for the avvie!!!
I'm a big fat whore.

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Hi!  So sorry I haven't been around. Things have been CRAZY!

Yes, we are now called SHEawase.  We had to change the name due to how close Happy! Project was to Hello! Project, as well as there being an animation studio in Japan with the same name. 

We have officially released our very first single - Muju Ryoku Boy, Ranhansha Girl!  Our CD is out and for sale on our website as well as on iTunes.  I think it's crazy to see my picture on iTunes.  It's just sort of unbelievable.  (Is it sad that I bought the iTunes one even though I have 2 of the actual CDs myself?  LOL)

Our music video for the song will be up on our youtube soon, but the 30 second commercial with some shots from the video is already up. 

We also performed live for the first time in over a year.  I was EXTREMELY nervous, but it went so well!  Our concert was packed and we had a line at our booth for pictures and autographs afterwards.  I couldn't believe it! 

And big news that we really haven't announced yet, so Shhhhh!  We are about to start working on our second single!  Our producer has at least 3 more songs already written and we're just waiting on the lyrics before we can start recording/filming. 

I'm really excited about what we've done this year.  I know that Joel has bought one of the CDs and I hope it likes it!  We have been really surprised with all of the support people have been showing.  THANK YOU JOEL!!!! <3

Anyway, if you want to check it out, our website is http://sheawase.com/ and our Facebook is http://facebook.com/sheawase.  I think our YouTube name is SHEawaseOfficial, but don't quote me on that one!  I really hope you all will check it out! 
Icon by Gyp! <3

coxychox

• I luv pink things
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
OMG! I remember somebody sharing a video of this group in a oishii project post on arama! THIS WAS YOU!?! This is so awesome!

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
LOL! Yes!  That's us!  Thanks!  We're really excited! 

We released our music video this last weekend.  You can see it at http://youtu.be/kW-Vn9cliqo 

We are also working on our next CD!  I'm so excited.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the song already.  We have so many ideas for it. 

Anyways, just wanted to share that too.  LOL 
Icon by Gyp! <3

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »
LOL!  I'm spamming here.  I'm sorry!  Things just keep happening and I want to share! 

We just released our first live of the song - http://youtu.be/KQm54Qmq9G8  I feel like a dork, but at least I don't look as stupid as I did in the official music video! 

AND we go in to record our second song next weekend!  (Well, the one after this weekend...  That's next weekend, right?  Sometimes I confuse myself!)  I LOVE our second song!  *dances*  I can't wait to sing it!  There are some gorgeous harmonies in it.   I hope I get to sing that part!! 
Icon by Gyp! <3

Enterprise © Bloc