Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: Wacky Skype idea  (Read 6275 times)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Wacky Skype idea
« on: January 17, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Okay so to be honest, I don't like karaoke chats. With the right people it's really silly and stupid and fun with a side of actual talent but . . . let's face it, most of the time it's ego stroking. So anyway at work today I was thinking about how Joss Whedon has mentioned a couple of times that he and his buddies get together and read Shakespeare aloud, something Jessica and I have firey jealousy over. I was wondering if that'd be something people would be interested in doing on Skype, as a lot of us have interest in acting- I personally consider myself an actress miles and miles and miles before I consider myself a singer. No clue if I'm better at one or the other, but I'm more comfortable acting. Only no one else would sit through a reading with us XD Jessica and I only agree on Titus Andronicus in any case, and that's just because Julie Taymor is fucking awesome. Tangent.

SO I was like . . . how fun would it be to go on Skype and read a video game script aloud. My realsies buddies and I have done this in the past a couple of times and it's a blast. I was thinking of trying a Phoenix Wright trial, since the game is SO visual based you wouldn't need a narrator or anything XD Haven't played? Here's the script!

It'd either be FUN TO THE MAX or laggy and horrifically awkward. Is there anyone else that wants to join this experiment? If so, call a part or let me assign you one :D I was thinking starting with the second trial in the first game since the first trial is boring and manual-y, though Jessica wants to play Payne XD Gender obviously not an issue, seeing how there are limited men here. Nor is talent, it's just for fun. Not sure what trial we're doing but in any case, I AM PHOENIX. HE IS MY BOO.

CHARACTERS:

THE COURT
Judge
--- In this game he's just a generic Judge dude. Later he gets this really silly/stupid personality but for now he's just like "OBJECTION SUSTAINED!"
Phoenix - Liana
Edgeworth
--- The prosecuting attourney in the case. Stuffy, bitchy; your basic "hard, hard shell covering a nuggety center" bishounen with an angsty past. However, all he does in this trial is prosecute and call Phoenix an idiot.

DEFENDANT
Maya - Windy

VICTIM
Mia
--- Smallest part ever 'cause she's dead for the whole trial :D

WITNESSES
April - Soli
Gumshoe
--- Talks like an old noir character, ending every sentence in "pal." Pops up and then goes away.
Bellboy - Trike
White
--- CEO of Bluecorp, the evil company in this trial. Arrogant and bossy. He's evil. I don't remember much about him.

TOTALLY RANDOM
Grossberg - Gyp
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:26:19 PM by Liana »

Amanda

• THE BAD COP
  • Retired~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wacky Skype idea
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
Haha XD Assign me <3
Stepping down/going on hiatus. Consider me gone unless I've spoken with you specifically regarding getting a hold of me. Love all your faces <3

Windy

• x<3x<3
  • or Windy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »
YES. PLEASE.
I Owe:
Katsunda, Yomusu stuff

Mixing:
Stale bread

Icon by Gyp!

Quote from: Liana

WINDY I WILL PUNCH YOU

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »
WINDY YOU HAVE TO BE MAYA. YOU HAVE TO. Baka can be . . . MIAAA that's such a tiny part. I should probably cast this based on who shows up really, we'd have to find a time and there's ALWAYS someone that gets left out :(

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 08:31:29 PM »
Count me in. I haven't done too much acting lately, but that's because the theater director at my school only gave parts to her favorites. But I do Speech Team, and love this sort of thing.

I'm not too familiar with Phoenix Wright, so assign me anyone, if that's how we're doing this.
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »
And by cast this I mean we should call parts in the skype chat, I'm just a control freak and my inner desires slip in the Freud way :D I know who I am.

Windy

• x<3x<3
  • or Windy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
*____* I lurv you.
I Owe:
Katsunda, Yomusu stuff

Mixing:
Stale bread

Icon by Gyp!

Quote from: Liana

WINDY I WILL PUNCH YOU

Tsubasa

• MSN Messenger - tsubasa_karekano@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »
I want to try this  too =D

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:38:14 PM »
Ooo! I'm playing the first Phoenix Wright game now. I'm up for this. I want April! hahaha She's my favorite. If that's too big of a part, feel free to assign me anything.

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
Dude, if *I*, she with shitty 'net whose not even sure if she can make any appointed time (I . . . don't have a plan but I'll figure it out!), can call Phoenix, you can TOTALLY be April! All parts are open <3

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »
I'll play but please cast me as something hilarious.
I am eyeing Grossberg for the sheer mention of hemmorhoids (bodily function humor!), but I am willing to be double cast as Gumshoe just so I can attempt a badly acted James Cagney impression.

If Jko plays, I nominate her to be Edgeworth. Something tells me she would fit it well with the way you describe arguing about Shakespeare, Liana.  :D

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Trike

• Rianasu
  • she died for our sins...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nig+for+rent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
ME PLEASE!

People actually did this in Japanese skypecasts. Like, the host would write a script or something and they'd act it out.

?GET MONEY?

also subscribe to me tia: http://www.youtube.com/user/r00dentertainment

peachgirldb

• AOL Instant Messenger - sevvyandhermy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »
I kinda want to play xD If you can assign me someone.

Mixing:
Minna no Tamago
I owe:
OOXX, KA RA KU RI, 321 Breakin Out, Shouganai, iDream, NA GA RA, Did I forget and owe you something else? PM me!

jko

• Yomusu
  • Eschew obfuscation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
Something tells me she would fit it well with the way you describe arguing about Shakespeare, Liana.  :D
Not my fault Liana doesn't appreciate the homoerotic undertones in Othello. *huff*

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »
HDSJhsakHdsjhasdkhdsakajshjsahdsa this is such a cool idea xD But committing to chat does not work. If I'm around one day I'd love to do something like this. I had a blast when we used to do this in English XD We had bad, bad, comma mouth breathing readers...and then my one friend and I lucked out into the leads in Pygmalion for a whole class period. OH MAN. We did it UP. And then this kid said "blackgaurd" like BLACK GUARD. He also described Harry Potter's cupboard as CUP BOARD in an oral book report in 7th grade. Yes I remember this. Yes this is a tangent. You guys are cool.
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

Enterprise © Bloc