Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Some questions on MV making techniques.  (Read 1643 times)

Tomie

• ZDIAC
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some questions on MV making techniques.
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
I've seen some MVs where the pictures will move around.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67gQ1v2iRZA

Also, how do you make videos where parts are stationary and others move (like having a video playing) 

Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdPPaRJtUjQ&playnext=1&list=PL2DEC746E1C3E3A49

And finally (for now), How do you have layering, video, and "light-up" pictures?

EX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5GXxiHxXJk 

I really want to learn this stuff XXD;;

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions on MV making techniques.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:25:01 AM »
1. That video is going to involve keyframing. It's going to be a LOT easier for you to just search "keyframing in xx video editor" in youtube and watch a tutorial than it is going to be for me to try and explain it. Basically keyframing is animating, it's telling a picture to start from point A and then move to point B after a certain amount of time. So the background panning and zooming of the pictures might be someone saying "start the picture here and then end it here" while the pictures that are flying around are largely the same thing.

2. There's a setting in Adobe After Effects that does the waveform thing, so what Erika might be doing is making a picture, using the crop tool in her video editor to put the video on top of that picture, and then transferring it to After Effects to do the waveforms. Or maybe she does it all in After Effects, I'm not sure. After Effects is the key here, however.

3. That's just the same thing as the glowy picture tutorial I posted before except you add one more step of having the video cropped and smallified in a layer above the pictures. OR you can make a portion of your picture transparent and put it ABOVE the smallified video, which is easier if you have a ton of vids of different aspect ratios (it's what I do for the Yoricon).

Since I only know Sony Vegas I can't really tell you HOW to do all these things, I can just explain WHAT they are. What I recommend is just going to youtube and searching "sony vegas cropping" or "make videos smaller in sony vegas" or whatever. Youtube tutorials are THE BEST way to learn video editing, you just follow along with teacher :D It's how I managed to do Midi Master in 48 hours with zero knowlege of the program prior to animating. That video is a piece of shit so you know maybe start learning a month or so before you animate but you get the idea! Youtube tutorials for the how to, Y!P to help you know what to search for XD

AutumnBaby

• Girl Club
  • ??? ?? ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions on MV making techniques.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
is there any way to do those things without using adobe or sony??
~Akiko~

Enterprise © Bloc