Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Entertainment Companies, MVs, and You!  (Read 12727 times)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Entertainment Companies, MVs, and You!
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
What with the UFApcolypse and all, I thought this would be a sweet thread (and probably long overdue!)

What to upload, what not to upload, what is a risky upload- find it here! This refers only to the use of music videos as for the most part, companies are alright with you doing a cover as long as you don't use their MV. There are a few rare cases where uploading covers at ALL is risky, no matter what the presentation. These groups are listed in red text.

GENERAL FANTASTIC IDEAS:
Reading this thread- it has info on how to communicate that you are doing a fan cover and not trying to infringe on their distribution.

JAPANESE
Up Front Agency: Has become incredibly bitchy about the use of their MVs. They don't like dubs of their songs to go up right away at all now, so wait a bit because they will block the instrumental. Either do not upload the MV or try tagging it with "?????". DO NOT leave a link to an MP3 download for the dub, they don't know English and will assume it's the original. So far the MV will get ID Matched anyway, but they might not take it down if they know it's a cover.

AVEX: GENERALLY a no go. It might be okay if it's as old as shit, like SweetS, and that's only if Japan has forgotten them. You can't really upload an old Ayumi Hamasaki MV, they don't like that. Stay away from Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Ai Otsuka, AAA, BoA*, anyone they actually make money off of or had in the past.  New people they are trying to get a buzz for is also not a great idea. They're an odd bunch though, constantly going back and forth. Rule of thumb: If the artist is wildly popular (as many Avex artists are) don't even try- they'll have put a block on the instrumental for a while after it's release, anyway. If you want to upload for a less popular artist or an artist that's just under their umbrella, they might just ID match you, but it's playing with fire. M-flo used to be safe as houses under Avex until Artimage Records changed their mind one day. I'd just stay away from it entirely.

*Korean BoA releases are fine, however.

AKS Label: (AKB48 And Friends) DO NOT use MVs or performances. Do not. They are graphic ONLY. From there, I've never heard of them taking down a cover, even without ????? (but do it anyway, to be safe.) They do block the use of their instrumentals for a while after release, but considering I've seen Beginner dubs here and there they probably lift that block a few months after the release.

AKS: DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!! DEAR LORD!! And hold off on doing new singles for a little while cause they will come after yo ass for that instrumental.

Johnny's Enetertainment: The only company I've heard of that will take down dubs even with just a graphic IN SPITE OF NOT EVEN BEING A RECORD LABEL!!!! JE contracts are notorious for being ridiculously controlling of their boy's image. Don't even bother. These guys are assholes. Man I hate JE XD I DO have a Weeeeeek dub up that's been chugging along nicely, but it's search word safe and the graphic is of, naturally, cosplay versions of these guys. So far, that's been alright, but if they search for an instrumental via software I get Strike 2.

Universal Music Group:
it is not safe what-so-ever.  That is what B2ST and 4minute [and Girl's Generation] are.  For some odd reason nothing [Girl's Generation] has really been getting deleted until Mr. Taxi but everyone is getting Mr. Taxi deleted constantaly from what I've seen.  B2ST stuff is getting deleted and 4minute Japanese stuff has a block so you can't even upload it D'X
- DC

EMI Music Japan: Utada, T-ara and Shinee's Japanese releases fall under this umbrella as well as many popular J-rock artists. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMI_Music_Japan They're not a fan of MV use, though audio covers seem to be okay.

TV Perfs: No go. They will find you somehow. Utaban especially is rurl angry.

KOREAN
SME: Fucking fantastic! Green light, go! Upload everything and everyone! As long as it's a dub, they don't care! ID match and a good luck! ILU SME!

JYP: I'm unsure. I have a Good Girl Bad Girl dub that has an ID match and has been up and running for a while and I know TwilightLegendHP has done some Wonder Girls songs. They should be fine.

Cube Entertainment: Everyone dubbed I My Me Mine when it came out and no one took anything down and I've definitely seen a ton of B2st dubs so again, probably good to go.

Core Contents Media: NO clue. I've seen like maybe one T-ara dub ever so idk.

YG: Took down MoA's account, but she was getting mad views with her MVs and I think YGE has eventually caught on to international fans doing silly things and don't care TOO much. They also don't seem to ID match, which makes me wonder if one day they'll start tearing things down. We'll find out one day.

LOEN Entertainment
tends to block videos.  All of the companies under LOEN Entertainment are on this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOEN_Entertainment

Also NH Media just switched to LOEN with 0330 when they were previously with Sony Music.  Anything on their YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LOENENT?feature=chclk) is LOEN if you are curious.  They don't block everything, it seems to me like they just block stuff with a ton of views.  It's nothing too much to be worried about but if you flip your videos by LOEN they should not get blocked.  The audio I don't think matters for them.
Thanks to DC!!

TV Performances: Do not. Even. I have no clue why TV takes their shit down; they don't release these things on DVD or anything! Actually Korea sells Korean TV to Koreans who are abroad, I've seen official websites for this, so I guess it kind of makes sense but not really and is super gay.

Rule of thumb is that all Korean releases are okay, but K-pop Japanese releases ARE NOT. PLEASE LOOK UP WHICH JAPANESE COMPANY YOUR K-POP IDOLS ARE BEING RELEASED UNDER AND CROSS REFERENCE.

THAI

Information from Rin Nano:

okay i know you guys don't do T-pop (Thailand lol) but the companys even upload on their youtube the HD MV's and karaoke version MV's
Karaoke version MV's is the best thing ever it's somthing they do because they WANTS YOU TO COVER THEIR FREAKING SONGS!!! It's a part of the Thai culture THEY LOVE TO SING and THEY LOVE IF PL OUTSIDE THAILAND SING THAI.
Karaoke MV's have everything in one simple MV! it's the MV the original song yerh BUT on the screen the lyrics is written with thai and OUR characters so ppl who can't read thai can sing it too.
AND if you rip the MP3 the left (somtimes right) track is with the vocals and the other one is INSTRUMENTAL!!

ENGLISH
All of it is on VEVO and therefore will be taken down immediately.

Anything to add? Correct? Myself or another admin will happily edit this post!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:16:55 AM by Liana »

Trike

• Rianasu
  • she died for our sins...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nig+for+rent
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Companies, MVs, and You!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
Anything on VEVO is also an out!

?GET MONEY?

also subscribe to me tia: http://www.youtube.com/user/r00dentertainment

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »
AH YES I was going to mention that but forgot :(

Purply

• Totally Up! Project
    • View Profile
    • Totally Up! Project
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:25:02 PM »
JYP is pretty safe, they just content ID macth and put on ads. Pretty chill.

Dez-Air | Totally Up! Project | Personal

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn

Kapparin

• Girl Club
  • ( *?`)???????)?`)????
    • MSN Messenger - mikitty.nyannyan@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephikichichan
    • View Profile
    • Hana Project
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
AKS: DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!! DEAR LORD!! And hold off on doing new singles for a little while cause they will come after yo ass for that instrumental.

Sayuri

• Girl Club
  • r o m a n c e ~ ?
    • MSN Messenger - jasmine.pinkish@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Sayu @ Blogspot
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »
I'm planning on uploading a dub using a TV performance of KARA soon.
Do you think it'll be okay if I flip it ?

Lines I owe: Furusato- Sayumi (Greta), YT Anniversary (Mitsuki)
Lines I need: Everyday Everywhere (Rae), Romeo and Cinderella (Michy)
YoutubeBlogTwitterDeviant Art

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 04:19:04 AM »
Flipping does tend to scare off finding your video with software, but if you tag it with things like "kara" "song name" whatever they might stumble upon it. I have two SNSD perfs on my channel that make me nervous. One is flipped, the other isn't. Both have been up for a while- actually you know what, I just took them both down. I haven't SEEN a flipped TV perf go down, you could risk it, but I have a strike already and don't want another XD If you're strike free, I'd do it, but make SURE it's "search word friendly." You won't get any hits but you'll be able to sleep at night XD No tags, don't even list the Kara member's names.

Fae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
As a note on AAA, I was in a groupdub of one of their songs recently marked as an international fan cover which didn't use the mv. I heard from one of my friends that it was sent to Max Matsuura (President of Avex Group) who acknowledged this. It hasn't been taken down. So... Avex may be ok for covers?
Uploading an mv from them is definitely a bad idea though.

APD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »
This is really REALLY helpful information. xDDD Considering the fact that something happened to my mediafire account... it had a TON of H!P stuff (songs/instrumentals) and almost 90% of them got deleted for copyright. Period. Damn it UFA. Even attacking my MF account... >...>

Sayuri

• Girl Club
  • r o m a n c e ~ ?
    • View Profile
    • Sayu @ Blogspot
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 04:18:57 AM »
aw :(
you should get box.net : D
it's tonnes better. srsly!

Kapparin

• Girl Club
  • ( *?`)???????)?`)????
    • MSN Messenger - mikitty.nyannyan@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nephikichichan
    • View Profile
    • Hana Project
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
Box.net will get rid of your stuff too if it's copyrighted~

Joel

• Radio Team
  • Rianasu's Mumble Rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
Really?! Lmao
Boys in karaoke are like black people in the 50s :(

Thanks Gyp for the Kirakira sig and thanks Liana for the avvie!!!
I'm a big fat whore.

Sayuri

• Girl Club
  • r o m a n c e ~ ?
    • View Profile
    • Sayu @ Blogspot
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
well you just gotta deal with it i guess. i'm just saying that in general, it's a lot easier to use if you are looking into creating a newvfile sharing account :D

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
Here's the thing about uploading H!P stuff: it's stealing. It is absolutely going into a record store, putting a CD under your shirt, and leaving the store without paying. I know the digital revolution is more complicated than that but when you strip it down, that's what it is. No matter the file sharing website, UFA has every right to take down MP3s you've uploaded. The only time we as fans have ANY right to be indignant is if they start taking down our picture uploads without links labeled with "utatte mita". While still technically illegal, it's not harmful, and is the equivalent of UFA going into a crowd of fans and just slapping them for no real reason.

Himi

• Rianasu
    • MSN Messenger - lapolline36@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
Yes thanks for this it's really helpful, sooo in few words = Bye bye H!P LOL
hmmmm i don't know about JE (the label of johnny's if I'm right) I saw a video done by nico douga singer and even if it's home mad  Pv/draw it looks like they don't want it LOOL, so yes be really careful whit them.
For people who likes to change the pitch, don't even try to pitch down H!P songs it will not change anything lol believe me 3 of my male dubs have been mark and disabled in some countries O_O
[00:47:56] Himi [Hiyama Kiyoteru]: I'm feel so Gee today ne~ ^_~ (sparkle)

Enterprise © Bloc