Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: Homework Help  (Read 5841 times)

XxHitomixX

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Homework Help
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
I had NO idea this thread existed!

I can help with the following:
- proofreading english and history essays
- English books (Shakespeare and other curriculum books)
- Basic / moderate chemistry
- Basic / moderate / advanced Biology (anatomy, ecology, biochemistry, cellular/molecular biology)
- VERY basic math (fractions, percentages, decimals, graphing)
- International Business / Marketing
- Media Arts
- Performing Arts (scales, monologue writing / acting, dramatic history)

Never hesitate to ask!
Contact me:
e-mail - packrunner_jakelover@hotmail.com
MSN - packrunner_jakelover@hotmail.com
Skype - xx-hitomi-xx
Or, right here on Yo!Pro

Siggy courtesy of Aya

Things I Owe
XOXO - Girl's Generation
newFashioned - Dancing! Natsu Matsuri
Megumi - Tokaikko Junjou, Jiriri Kitteru
Sarah - Shabondama
Sydnii - Sakura/Otomegumi
Rin - Nanchatte Renai
Greta - Genki Pika Pika Concert

Did I miss you? Be sure to let me know!

AutumnBaby

• Girl Club
  • ??? ?? ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
wow, this would be a big cheat  ::)
lolz, jj. u people r so... old...  ;D
I'm in grade 8...
~Akiko~

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 02:57:56 AM »
I HAVE A GRAMMAR QUESTIONNNNNNNN.

K, my grammar is apauling. But, why do you put a comma ',' before someones name? Cos a comma is to like, take a short breathe/pause? and I always read it as; "Do you want tuna?" "No! I don't want any goddamn tuna , *pause* Susan!"

Renna

• Meow!~ Bunny Mixes for your Needs ;D
    • MSN Messenger - shikyo@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 03:25:26 AM »
Leaving in the commas serves to help the reader pick up that there are two subjects juxtaposed. Leaving out the commas has the reader glancing back to pick out the subject.
Meow Meow~

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
"develop your own mnemonic for the stages of the legisislation process working with the letters GWDFSCTOR", anyone who helps me with this I will love them forever and ever and ever. Also, thanks Renna for beforee :)

Renna

• Meow!~ Bunny Mixes for your Needs ;D
    • MSN Messenger - shikyo@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
"develop your own mnemonic for the stages of the legisislation process working with the letters GWDFSCTOR", anyone who helps me with this I will love them forever and ever and ever. Also, thanks Renna for beforee :)

mnemonic = ROY.G.BIV for the colours of the rainbow, etc.

I'm not sure if you know the abbreviation  GWDFSCTOR (I assume you have something in your notes or text that give you the process like, general hearing, first hearing, second hearing, etc) but something to remember that could be.. um.. great windy days form super crazy tornadoes on roofs.. or something LOL!
Meow Meow~

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 08:16:40 AM »
Oo I'll have to look over my notes and hopefully something will come to me, xD thank you <3

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
So I really need help in deciding a good topic for my Communication project because we do everything on this one topic, a proposal, a 10 page paper, and a presentation and I have no idea what to do it on at all!  Basically what we have to do is pick a culture and it can be any culture any group of people!  As big as Chinese culture to as small as a sports team culture, people did gangs in the past, GSA, anything!  But it is such a broad topic that I am having a really hard time narrowing down on something.  She gave an example in class that was Chinese Family culture and we would talk about the communication between a daughter and a mother and how they lived.  At first I was like "This gives me a good excuse to talk about Kpop culture" but I don't have a communication practice I can find and get enough data on.  Then I saw the UFO thread here and was like "I will do it on that" I found a group but there are no articles on them in our school's database.  Also, I need to be able to interview someone in the culture, it can be through email!  Help please! DX  What are groups you all are part of that sound interesting that I can interview one of you for my project because I have no idea what to do at all and I have went through pages of cultures DX  Normally I am very good at picking topics this project just freaks me out XDDD

.....|YouTube|Twitter.....
Did you vote yet?

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »
HEY! You could do graffiti culture. It may be a little overdone though...but I believe the Art 21 series has a doc on them, if not there are documentaries out there easily accessible because we watched them in class. And Banksy could give you at least a page, re: his hype and auctions and how graffiti culture has crossed into the mainstream with his "documentary" and public places trying to sell his artwork. Lots o info! And you can discuss facets, those who do it for recognition / those who do it for ART / rush of freedom etc.

Bet you could find someone to interview too, even online via a forum or something. Or canvass your school art dept, bet somebody knows SOMEBODY even if they just do tags on trains.

Edit: Or broaden it to street art, which can also encompass taggers...then you have more material overall, and more news topics like that underground subway station "GALLERY" people did pieces in.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:04:24 PM by Kristi »
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
That would be really cool but unforutunatealy that was one of her examples in class and I don't think she would like it if we did one of her examples XDD  I will look into it and see what I can do though and see if I can find anything else, I have no leads what-so-ever XDDD

Did you vote yet?

AeonisPi

• <_<;;
    • MSN Messenger - lamoona5@sailormoon.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »
Inspired by the graffiti culture, you might even be able to do the B-boy [breakdancing] culture.  Though I'm not personally part of the bboy culture, I know they had several [older] movies and even some good documentaries out there on it.

Also, while this may seem oooh so cliche the convention culture seems to fascinate a lot of people I talk to.  They seem amazed that people.  I'm not sure if you would wanna spend thaaat much time investing into it though, but its an idea at least.

There are also some fashion cultures that may be interesting.  I know the gothic&lolita culture is a rather interesting one [IMO].  At least it catches people's eyes.

Another one, but it can be a stretch, is the band geek culture you can even focus on some of the different subgroups like orchestras as compared to marching band and further on.

Maybe one of those will catch your interest... or at least spur better ideas from people^^
<(^_^<)........<(^_^)>?......(>^_^)>

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »
LMAO I look at me being right on! Brainstorming!

Off of what Aeonis said, you could also do showchoir culture...literally, because of Glee, our news is doing segments on what showchoirs are / think about the show.

You could also do carnie culture xD Traveling fairs, even. I worked a summer job at a fair, so did a lot of my friends, and people's livelihoods are seriously wrapped up in a 5x6 trailer!

Gun shows, too...or flea market...or a vegan community (try a restaurant or whole foods store)...or racing culture. My cousin's kid is in a youngins racing league. Not box car, like real gas vehicles. At the age of 11.

We're hicks. But anyway,
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

?Kei?

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
This is such a great idea!!! I can only help on math (Algebra) I'm barely in the 8th grade so I'm sorry, I can't help much

DC

• DC Time!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
Those are all awesome ideas!  Thanks so much guys!  I think I will either go with Show Choir culture (because a former teacher who did show choir lives down the street from me) I was never in it but it's like a cult and would be interesting to research and easy to go to a performance.  Carnie culture would be really interesting too and if I do that one you will be getting a PM eventually because you did work a Summer job there =D  Racing is cool, don't worry I live in a hick town too XDDDD

For conventions I think someone else is already doing that, if not then Anime culture and there are no articles for Lolita culture on our school's database so I can't do either of those but they both would be so interesting to research and thanks so much for thinking of ideas for me because I was literally stuck and normally I can think of a topic for an essay and have it done in 2 hours tops XDDD

Did you vote yet?

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »
Anyone know some good techniques used in Persuasive writing?

Enterprise © Bloc