Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Author Topic: Fan-dubbing pet peeves?  (Read 10624 times)

ange

Fan-dubbing pet peeves?
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »
Oh, come on, surely we all have a few.  Or, yeah, a lot.  One or the other.  I assume this is the best place to place this? Oh god I feel weird, I've never made a non-karaoke thread on here, rofl.

I'm not starting until someone else does. xD

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
Re: Fan-dubbing pet peeves?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »
GOD YES. SO MANY. Don't make threads like this Ange it's just going to be me posting every day with "AND ANOTHER THING."

My main one at the moment, besides the ones I always whine about (topping out, mic puffs, fucked up file formats) is people who are assholes when you scout them. Being scouted is a MAJOR, MAJOR compliment and if you need to say no, say no gracefully. Thank them for the thought, explain why you can't, even if it's just "I hate that song" and be polite. Or hell, say no and be an ass about it. DO NOT act as if it's pulling teeth for you to grace this humble karaoke with your presence. If I get a response like that, I will never work with that person ever again. Man.

jko

• Yomusu
  • Eschew obfuscation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »
DO NOT act as if it's pulling teeth for you to grace this humble karaoke with your presence.
Oh man Word. UP. I do most of my small projects by saying "HEY I WANNA" and PMing people to see if they wanna play too. And sometimes they say no, and I'm fairly cool with it (unless your name is Kimiko. RECORD FOR ME, LITTLE CYMBAL MONKEY.), but sometimes the yes is SO drawn out and full of "I guesssssss if you REALLY want me to~"s and it's like. You know. If you can't it's cool. Really. Don't strain yourself. I'll be sad, sure, but I can get over it. XD

Other than that, I feel REALLY weird about talking pet peeves since I have caught myself DOING just about everything I hate at some point in my life. XD BUT. Know that I quietly agree with everything and silently judge you when you're not looking.
I don't actually do that.
That I will admit to in seriousness.

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
Singers who are in a release and never review. Not even a "We sounded great, guys!". I wonder if they even listened to it. =/

Singers who don't record things in on time, and have no excuse. *hits self*

Annnnd~ Singers who sing the wrong song for their voice. Not just for fun, for Serious Karaoke. Maybe you love Koharu, but if you have an opera singer's voice please don't sing her songs and expect people to enjoy your belting of Koi Kana.

Quote from: ang
People who sound like that one girl in every chorus who thinks she's going to be on broadway and spends the the entire song with over-done embellishment, near staccato enunciation, and when you tell them it's off-key, go "oh she goes off key there in the original."
No, she doesn't.

XD Haha. I've never heard that before. The whole idea of karaoke, especially when it comes to some of the more grating j-pop singers, is to make the song sound good. Because half the time it's a good song with bad vocals.

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
Oh man can we talk about people who ONLY comment on things they are in? That's maybe my biggest thing of them all. Until I think of the next one. Just . . . wow, ego much? Can't even bring yourself to listen to the offerings of lesser peons?

Also, producers who stick themselves EVERYWHERE. Now, there's an aspect of being the one to put the time and effort to organize and mix and yes, every now and then it's perfectly fine to give yourself a huge part. I know I recently organized a karaoke that was me going "You know, I think I could do very well leading this song and I have confidence!" But in the like discography of shit I've mixed, this sort of thing is fairly rare. I do NOT understand the girls who give themselves a huge chunk of EVERYTHING they do. Share the wealth!

Man in general, ego/divaness is my least favorite aspect of karaoke. I know I line count like it's going out of style and get overly sensitive at casting, but I KNOW that about myself and work on it and don't bring it into public like it's anyone's problem but mine. People who throw it everywhere are just . . . seriously? SERIOUSLY? Oooooh divas. Even though I'm pretty much a big egotistical diva when it comes to mixing but whatever, I'm fabulous fuck off. I'm not afraid to be a big hypocrite like Jessica XD

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • MSN Messenger - nyankohime@live.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyankohimex3
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »
ahhhhhh man same as liana with this one xD
im a person whos afraid to speak there mind so whena chance like this comes up i rant and rant xDD
all of these ive had happend to me grrs xD

1.)people who think theyre better than everyone else (even if they are)
and are rudee about it on your videos and never say anything nice

2.)when your in a project and then everyone ignores you and treats you rudely

3.)when you sing songs they always make one person the lead

4.) people who make accounts and then comment on their own videos xDD like "OMG YOU RULE SO MCUH I WISH I WAS YOU!" stfu you are you xDD

( Chiitaro<3 = Secrect Lovers! )

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
4.) people who make accounts and then comment on their own videos xDD like "OMG YOU RULE SO MCUH I WISH I WAS YOU!" stfu you are you xDD

People do that? Ahaha, I don't know much about the youtube part of things. Wooow, that's funny that a person would feel like they need to do that. My goodness!

I hate how absurd people get about karaoke. Okay, story. In small text because it's useless drama that not everybody wants to read, and it's old but I can't let go of things. XD
Over at another group free for all sign-ups were rare. People loved them so much they had to keep the thread closed until a certain time to open it, spots filled up within minutes (first come first serve). So it was an AKB48 single, the thread was closed as usual. But mysteriously... the spots were being taken. By the girls who ran the project and their friends. Hmm~ So myself and another girl complained. They made a big stink, "Okay, FINE! We won't allow advanced sign-ups" and made all the spots open. But then! One of the project leaders sent me a PM asking if I wanted a certain girl; that when she opened the thread I'd already be signed up. >=/ So they were still holding spots for people. Ugh.

My part of that story is I did get a part. I forgot about it and with bad timing I was gone for a few days on the band Atlanta trip, so I missed the deadline and they couldn't get in contact with me. I came back, realized that I forgot, apologized a bunch, then promised to record it ASAP. One girl got a bitchy and mean, yelling at me for making such a big deal about the advanced sign-ups when I didn't care enough to record in time. I defended myself saying that while I didn't do it on purpose, real life came before internet projects. She blew up, calling me irresponsible, that even if it was on the internet I should take my commitments VERY seriously and implied that I'm a worthless human being and not a person to trust because I can't keep my promises. It was very devastating. I cried. I think Gyp remembers me freaking out about it. I can't bring myself to like AKB48 now and it's solely that girl's fault. She ruined the group for me.

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

Aura

• auracake.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
XD If my guess is right I think I know what Soli is talking about -shot-

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »

People do that? Ahaha, I don't know much about the youtube part of things. Wooow, that's funny that a person would feel like they need to do that. My goodness!

I hate how absurd people get about karaoke. Okay, story. In small text because it's useless drama that not everybody wants to read, and it's old but I can't let go of things. XD
Over at another group free for all sign-ups were rare. People loved them so much they had to keep the thread closed until a certain time to open it, spots filled up within minutes (first come first serve). So it was an AKB48 single, the thread was closed as usual. But mysteriously... the spots were being taken. By the girls who ran the project and their friends. Hmm~ So myself and another girl complained. They made a big stink, "Okay, FINE! We won't allow advanced sign-ups" and made all the spots open. But then! One of the project leaders sent me a PM asking if I wanted a certain girl; that when she opened the thread I'd already be signed up. >=/ So they were still holding spots for people. Ugh.

My part of that story is I did get a part. I forgot about it and with bad timing I was gone for a few days on the band Atlanta trip, so I missed the deadline and they couldn't get in contact with me. I came back, realized that I forgot, apologized a bunch, then promised to record it ASAP. One girl got a bitchy and mean, yelling at me for making such a big deal about the advanced sign-ups when I didn't care enough to record in time. I defended myself saying that while I didn't do it on purpose, real life came before internet projects. She blew up, calling me irresponsible, that even if it was on the internet I should take my commitments VERY seriously and implied that I'm a worthless human being and not a person to trust because I can't keep my promises. It was very devastating. I cried. I think Gyp remembers me freaking out about it. I can't bring myself to like AKB48 now and it's solely that girl's fault. She ruined the group for me.

and yess i see it all the time
made on the same day with ages at like 80 years old and then theyre made like 15 minutes apart and stuff and arg its so annoying xD

D; i swear those people are jerks D:
psh i cant even explain how ughh that is xDD
i remeber this girl got angry at me cause SHE messed up while i was oing an harmony so i stood out more than her on that part
and she said it wasnt fair xD and then she made threats like saynig she was gonna kill me xD

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 10:32:22 PM »
reminds me of more xD

1.) people who say "my mics broken!" and then theyre like oh why am i not in that? i got it fixed today and i say "you didnt tell me so how would i know?"
pshhhhhhhhhhh

2.) and another people who goe freaking suicidal when they dont get a part xDD and i mean tehy get that part EVERY TIMMMEEE and that dont get it and theyre all like waaaah i wanna kill myself o-o; the only time i will compplain about my part is if i cannot do it(too deep) soo yeah xD

okay im done now :3

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:35:35 PM »
XD If my guess is right I think I know what Soli is talking about -shot-

It wasn't huge, but still quite a bit of drama. Places like those tend to be such tinderboxes!

Nyanko, that's crazy! You should be putting thumbs down on those comments. >=/ It seems the youtube karaoke can get just as crazy as forums do. I've heard other cases of one karaoke group against the other, spamming videos with mean things. Geez people, let's all get along?

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

JapanXGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »
AHA I totally know who you're talking about~! XD Had the same thing happen to me XD I was like wtf man, your mic is BROKEN XD Aaaand I hate that too XD I mean, its just a fandub, right? X3

reminds me of more xD

1.) people who say "my mics broken!" and then theyre like oh why am i not in that? i got it fixed today and i say "you didnt tell me so how would i know?"
pshhhhhhhhhhh

2.) and another people who goe freaking suicidal when they dont get a part xDD and i mean tehy get that part EVERY TIMMMEEE and that dont get it and theyre all like waaaah i wanna kill myself o-o; the only time i will compplain about my part is if i cannot do it(too deep) soo yeah xD

okay im done now :3

Nyanko

• Shiawase Naa~
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:48:54 PM »

Nyanko, that's crazy! You should be putting thumbs down on those comments. >=/ It seems the youtube karaoke can get just as crazy as forums do. I've heard other cases of one karaoke group against the other, spamming videos with mean things. Geez people, let's all get along?
[/quote]

Lmao i just left the group xD
i cant ever stand up for myself iw as just like i cant be in  group anymore for personal reasons xD

JapanXGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
EHEHEEEEEEEEEH. Lets see. X3
-When there are no instrumentals for songs D:
-When people get all depressed when the have to be re-casted X3
-When someone's lines are off time D:
-osdhjfosdf When someone doesn't send in their lines but they have all this free time and just don't want to because they're lazy X3
And probably a lot more D:

ALSO

"JANUARY. JANU-FUCKING-ARY. WHAT THE HELL."

hehe, i laughed. X3

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
People who can't take constructive criticism and it's flip-side, people who can't seem to give constructive criticism are two pet peeves of mine.

There are some people who get comments that are actually helpful but the singer(s) only see it as a blow to his/her/their ego(s) just because it was not a straight forward "OMG YOU SOUND SO AWESOME! BEST KARAOKE EVERRRR!"
So what if a person tells you that you went off key at a high note or whatever? Another part of that comment states a trick on how to exercise your voice so you fix that issue and not have it happen again. But do they read the whole comment? Nope. The singer gets upset, bruised ego, and insulted.

Of course, there are the people who constantly pat themselves on the back for a job well done ALL. THE. TIME.
How can any group (or solo singer) grow and improve if all he/she/they get are comments that say how awesome they are each time they release a song?

It's really hard to walk that fine line, really.
How can one be honest and, yet, not hurt someone else's feelings but also not coddle them into some weird Land of the Giant Egos?

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Enterprise © Bloc