Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: [TINY UPDATE] New Tag Requirement, Reminders, and Important Info  (Read 7485 times)

Audition Mods

• View Profile
!!Small Update!!
Looking over the auditioning forums I noticed that so few people use the mixing tag and those who do generally also note the cast in thread that they are mixing. Due to this I have removed the 'Mixing' tag.

I am also going through and updating all tags to conform to the below requirements + update the contact information since Gidget is no longer part of the moderation team her at Y!P.

Hello!  We wanted to update you on some important new information that we believe will help everyone out. 

TAG SYSTEM
The Audition forums are extremely busy.  A lot of new projects are going up and finishing all the time.  Not only does it make it difficult for the Mods to figure out where your project stands, but it is also hard for those auditioning to know what's going on with your project.  With this in mind, we are starting the new TAG system. 

Each project that you open is now required to have a special Tag present at the beginning.  These tags will let the visitor to your thread know exactly where you project is at production wise. 

A proper tag will look like -
[AUDITIONING] Tsuyoki de Yukouze! (From MM's 5th album)

There are 5 different tags.  As your project progresses from one stage to the other, you should edit your title and change the tag at the beginning.  The tags are as follows.

1. AUDITIONING - Audition information is posted.  Due date for all auditions is set.  People are sending in their auditions.
          1b. SIGN UP - Song information is posted.  Due date for all parts is set.

2. CASTING - Due date has passed.  Auditions have closed.  Results have NOT been posted.

3. CAST - Results and parts have been posted.  Waiting on lines from singers.

4. NEED COVERS - Parts are missing. People are needed to cover parts.  When people have been chosen to cover parts, you should change the tag back to CAST until the project is complete.

5. CLOSED OR FINISHED - Project is finished, canceled, etc.  You no longer need the thread and we can move it to The Archives.  Please either edit your first post or post at the end a link to the finished project or the reason that the project is cancelled/closed before it is finished.

Amanda and other admins will be watching these closely.  Each new project should have a tag on them.  Projects that are currently in the works have 1 week to update their title to the new tag system. 

Reminders
- Remember to edit your first post or reply to your thread at the end with a link to the finished production, or a reason as to why you are canceling the project early.

- Remember that you cannot request/audition for mixers for your project. If you are producing then you need to be mixing. Amanda is a little more lenient about this in the cover-group audition forum as permanent groups work a little differently than one-off dubs.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:02:01 PM by Amanda »
Gidget and Catanaition

Dani

• Girl Club
  • ??*? ???
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: New Tag Requirement, Reminders, and Important Info
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »
Well I have four projects open right now but I asked Liana before opening the fourth one and she said it was okay, just to let you guys know.
avi by gypmama

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • MSN Messenger - kimiko@dewdrop-garden.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kimiko+Hosono
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »
Thanks for mentioning that. Might be good to say that in your posts as well, so we all know that you got permissions so you don't get bombarded with PM's from various mods/admins :D (you might have done this already, but I have NOT checked) :D

Graphics by Serenyty!

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • AOL Instant Messenger - applebyarrow
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »
Thanks for letting us know Dani! 

Just wanted to clarify some questions that have been brought up. 

If you have parts already cast right when your auditions are over, then you can skip the CASTING and go straight to CAST.  We added that CASTING in there because sometimes producers will finish the auditions, but take a week or two to sort through them and make a decision.  We didn't want it to still say AUDITIONING since a lot of people will look at it and still send things in.  We didn't want it to say CAST because then people who auditioned would be looking at it wondering why nothing was posted.  So that's for people who take the time in between.

We did this mainly because when people close auditions, they put CLOSED at the top, which to us means that the project is over and we can move it to the Archives.  We also have a lot of people who put CASTED, which is not a word.  Each person has their own words that they'd use, which was extremely confusing to the mods and admins, as well to many of the people involved. 

Thanks to everyone who has gone through and already fixed their projects.  You guys are awesome!   ;D
- Also known as SHEawase now.. LOL
Icon by Gyp! <3

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »
Very nice guys! It looks neater and more organized already! Take a look people and you will see. MUCH better.

Graphics by Serenyty!

Amanda

• THE BAD COP
  • Retired~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »
Dani's post reminded me about something we touched on briefly in the mod forum.

If you would like to open a fourth project but already have three open please get in contact with either Gidget or myself rather than another admin. This keep us informed so we don't bitch at you when we see you have 4 projects open.

Also a reiteration that Cover Groups are outside of the three project rule.
Stepping down/going on hiatus. Consider me gone unless I've spoken with you specifically regarding getting a hold of me. Love all your faces <3

mimi

• MSN Messenger - meantohate@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »
I dont understand this? can u explain to me in a easyier way? xD sorry

Gidget

• ICE CREAM!
  • I need a Pepper
    • AOL Instant Messenger - applebyarrow
    • View Profile
    • SHEawase
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »
Sure thing, Mimi!  I'll go through this step by step for you, okay? 

1. Let's pretend that we are starting a new project.  We want to do a version of Nanchatte Renai.  The first thing you do is open your auditions.  You set the deadline you want all auditions in by, give all the information and make your post.  At that time, you title that shows up in the H!P thread should say -

[AUDITIONING] Nanchatte Renai

2. After your audition deadline has passed and you have enough to start picking who you want to play who, you change your title to -

[CASTING] Nanchatte Renai

This lets everyone know that auditions are over and you are deciding who gets to sing each part. 

3.  When you decide who you want to play each part, you update your post with the cast list and the deadline for lines.  Once again, you change your title to -

[CAST] Nanchatte Renai

4.  When everyone has turned in their lines and you start mixing your project, you change your title to -

[Mixing] Nanchatte Renai

This way, people involved know you are working on it and you can still ask them for redos if you need it. 

5.  When you have the song finished and you are ready to post it in the Critique Dome, Free Post, or on Youtube for everyone to hear, you will update your post to link to the final song with everyone (either in Free Post, Critique Dome, Youtube, etc).  Then you once again change your title to -

[CLOSED] Nanchatte Renai

When we see the CLOSED in front of your project, we know your project is COMPLETELY finished and we can move your topic about auditions to the archive thread. 

6. If you want to cancel a song you are working because no one is interested, you don't have time, or so on, then you post on your audition thread why you want to cancel it and change the title to -

[CLOSED] Nanchatte Renai

Did this help?  Do you understand better now?  If not, please let me know and I'll try to figure out another way to explain it to you!  *huggles*

You currently have 3 projects that I'm seeing open -
[CLOSED ~] Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan
(OPEN) Forever love
{CLOSED} Shouganai Yume Oibito

It looks like on both Shouganai and Ambitious are still waiting on files, right?  If so, you should put a [CAST] in front of them.  When you get those last few lines, change it to [MIXING].  When you have finished mixing and have posted the final song, change it to [CLOSED].

On Forever Love, it looks like you are still auditioning for one person, right?  If so, it should say [AUDITIONING] in front so people will see that you are still looking for singers.  Then when you get that spot filled, you go through the same procedure as above! 
- Also known as SHEawase now.. LOL
Icon by Gyp! <3

Dani

• Girl Club
  • ??*? ???
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »
Thanks for mentioning that. Might be good to say that in your posts as well, so we all know that you got permissions so you don't get bombarded with PM's from various mods/admins :D (you might have done this already, but I have NOT checked) :D

Yep, it's the first thing I put in the fourth project I started =)

cat - Thanks for that.  I kinda just went to Liana because she's the big boss but it does make more sense to go to you guys XD
avi by gypmama

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
This is why Gidget is a teacher. Can't be more descriptive than that! :D

Graphics by Serenyty!

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
Hey ladies, are you going to update the posts in the Other Projects as well? Definitely would like to see it cleaned up. Thanks to those who already started using the new system in there!

Graphics by Serenyty!

mimi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »
Sure thing, Mimi!  I'll go through this step by step for you, okay? 

1. Let's pretend that we are starting a new project.  We want to do a version of Nanchatte Renai.  The first thing you do is open your auditions.  You set the deadline you want all auditions in by, give all the information and make your post.  At that time, you title that shows up in the H!P thread should say -

[AUDITIONING] Nanchatte Renai

2. After your audition deadline has passed and you have enough to start picking who you want to play who, you change your title to -

[CASTING] Nanchatte Renai

This lets everyone know that auditions are over and you are deciding who gets to sing each part. 

3.  When you decide who you want to play each part, you update your post with the cast list and the deadline for lines.  Once again, you change your title to -

[CAST] Nanchatte Renai

4.  When everyone has turned in their lines and you start mixing your project, you change your title to -

[Mixing] Nanchatte Renai

This way, people involved know you are working on it and you can still ask them for redos if you need it. 

5.  When you have the song finished and you are ready to post it in the Critique Dome, Free Post, or on Youtube for everyone to hear, you will update your post to link to the final song with everyone (either in Free Post, Critique Dome, Youtube, etc).  Then you once again change your title to -

[CLOSED] Nanchatte Renai

When we see the CLOSED in front of your project, we know your project is COMPLETELY finished and we can move your topic about auditions to the archive thread. 

6. If you want to cancel a song you are working because no one is interested, you don't have time, or so on, then you post on your audition thread why you want to cancel it and change the title to -

[CLOSED] Nanchatte Renai

Did this help?  Do you understand better now?  If not, please let me know and I'll try to figure out another way to explain it to you!  *huggles*

You currently have 3 projects that I'm seeing open -
[CLOSED ~] Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan
(OPEN) Forever love
{CLOSED} Shouganai Yume Oibito

It looks like on both Shouganai and Ambitious are still waiting on files, right?  If so, you should put a [CAST] in front of them.  When you get those last few lines, change it to [MIXING].  When you have finished mixing and have posted the final song, change it to [CLOSED].

On Forever Love, it looks like you are still auditioning for one person, right?  If so, it should say [AUDITIONING] in front so people will see that you are still looking for singers.  Then when you get that spot filled, you go through the same procedure as above!

Ohhhh.. I get it now xD okay
thanks for telling me this XD sorry for the trouble ^^;

mimi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
someone moved my ambitous to the archieve?
its not closed yet. its CAST lol sorry xD

Amanda

• THE BAD COP
  • Retired~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
Other projects is my job Kimiko. I just ended up not having time to sit down and do it last night. Will be starting pretty much the minute I get home tonight though.
Stepping down/going on hiatus. Consider me gone unless I've spoken with you specifically regarding getting a hold of me. Love all your faces <3

Kimiko

• °F-oxy Lady
    • View Profile
    • Hello! Myu
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
Thanks cat. I remember reading that you guys were splitting it. Just wanted to make sure :D  Weekend, yay!

Graphics by Serenyty!

Enterprise © Bloc