Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the July Yoricon today!

Author Topic: The I Hate Mixing Thread!  (Read 27068 times)

Beckie

• HUR
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The I Hate Mixing Thread!
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:24 AM »
Oh god timing drives me mad T_T When you have to cut it in the middle of a line and adjust everything a tiny bit - especially for chorus lines. Though actually, i think volumes are the bane of my life too XDD Before I mix properly, i adjust all the volumes and timing, and save these as one mp3 and import that again. The volumes all look the same on the waveform, but when i play it it sounds slightly different.. ah. i feel like smashing some shiet up.

Kagami

• View Profile
    • My Youtube!
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
I've scrapped several dubs because of bad timing. When you have to go in and fix lines literally syllable by syllable, it's just not worth it sometimes. I don't have a lot of patience as it is lol.

Raina

• My lovely A.Y.U.M.I. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
When I was mixing Mr.music ( which soon will be uploaded - lol ^^;; advertising ) I was doing it at night and I just gave up and all night look I couldn't sleep thinking of it xD so the next morning I got up and mixed all night .. for in the end one friend to tell me the timing needs more work ;A; and i had deleted the project so it took me ONE MORE DAY to again from the 0

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
I get scarily picky with timing. You don't want to be around me when I'm timing. I'm not kidding. I literally dig down to timing every syllable exactly which will take me numerous hours. I used to give up easily but over recent times I've sat down for a good 9 hours on end, not eating, just timing.

I don't think I'd still be mixing if I hadn't learned what buses were though. They save SO much time like you don't even know and they pretty much do ALL the dynamics and such for you. So it evens out the vocal volumes but it annoys me how I can differentiate piano from fortissimo while using a dynamic processor.

Raina

• My lovely A.Y.U.M.I. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
ammmm can you tell me what buses are couse the only buses I know are the one you ride xD

Kotone

• L-O-V-E RABURII BANANA! *que retard hand motion*
    • MSN Messenger - cio_94@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
Ehehe! They're in Adobe Audition 3.0, by pressing alt+b you can make a bus. You can change the output of a track from the master track to a bus which acts as a proxy. You can add effects to buses which will affect all the tracks being input'd into the bus. I really can't explain it better then that. There may be a few video tutorials on YouTube but they cut down a lot of work so instead of going through each mp3 and putting a reverb and such on it,  you can just put all the vocal tracks through a bus with reverb which spares you like 10 million minutes of time.

Tsukiki

• Girl Club
    • MSN Messenger - tsuki__hime@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Mignon! Project
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
AUGH. WHY. WHY.  It drives me INSANE when it says RIGHT IN THE LYRICS "Record any overlapping parts in a SEPARATE FILE" and people STILL DO IT.  WITH THE TIMING OFF.  AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S OVERLAPPING ANOTHER LINE. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

The end. @_@
I officially challenge you to a rap battle. I will win.
~Producer of Mignon! Project
~Member of Kaori Basket (Gen2), Wonder Dolls (Yubin)

WillRubert

• Britney Spears is like my Jesus xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
How could anyone hate mixing?  O.o  Maybe I'm just odd xD
<3 2NE1 <3

Enterprise © Bloc