Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: Life Outside Yo!Pro Sucks  (Read 167824 times)

Serenyty

• I spend far too much time knitting for my own good
    • AOL Instant Messenger - writerserenyty
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Life Outside Yo!Pro Sucks
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »
Homeschooling... it works for some kids. I think that if students learn better that way, they should do that. I went to a private high school, and while I did learn a lot, I taught myself most of the material. Some classes I literally would draw all day, because I didn't need to pay attention, because I knew the stuff. And then there were the classes that the teachers didn't even know. I taught myself AP Calculus, basically. So... I dunno. Teaching yourself is good, but there are other things that are a lot harder to learn by yourself. Teaching myself Chinese=not good.

Right, suckiness... I have a cold. EW.

Also, my room's a pit of doom and I have to clean it and figure out what to take to college in a month. HELP.

Customer service SUCKS. HP (computer company, not idol agency) had me on the phone for 2 hours when I called about a weird noise from my laptop, made it WORSE, and now are having me wait a couple of weeks to get it back.
\?????/            L????? Gucha~~

Sig by Gyp, Avatar.. from Livejournal, thanks whoever made it!

Bubble Lovely

• MSN Messenger - buble.wonderland@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
It's not all torture you should endure to become stronger in your adult years.

It's not? :X I loved, loved loved homeschooling.

I am so, so, so pro homeschooling.  School is a square - and a lot of people are circles, triangles, rectangles, octagons. . . and school pretty much says be a square, or you're fucked.

This was put perfectly.

I digress, I went into homeschooling for medical/health issues (can I word it that way? I'm not sure if that's right) but I wish I'd just called the "Depression!" (and it wouldn't have been a lie) card earlier and gone into homeschooling so much sooner. It was wonderful.

Liana, what is your beef with homeschooling? :X

On to life sucking? :D It really doesn't, I suppose~ But, I wish I looked better in photos!! D: The only good ones of me ever are self taken or extremely, extremely seldom. Booo. T_T

Sakura

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 06:31:03 AM »
My best friend has amnesia, and can't remember me. D: I'm fucking miserable.

Lines I need to Record:
Mirakururun Guran Purin (Gigi),  Hyokkori Hyoutanjima (Celia), Halation Summer, Fire (Bonni)

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:14 AM »
I just cut my finger on the cardboard box that holds many cans of Dr.Pepper that is sitting in our fridge.
Owwie! I thought you were my friend, Dr.Pepper! :'(

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
It's not? :X I loved, loved loved homeschooling.

It's not! I don't think it is. Sadly, there are a few people who feel like it was torture. :( Most of the people here it sounds like. But really, if public school was that bad for everybody there would be more homeschooling wouldn't there?

Quote from: Ange
I also wish bullying was as simple as "Ignore them, they'll stop".

Ignoring doesn't work, does it? It's just burying your head in the sand about it. Ignoring it is like trying to walk through a brick wall. You have to stand up, look at that brick wall, acknowledge it, then walk around it. :D Shake it off, right? Like when someone trashes your karaoke on youtube. You know they're just a flamer.

I've also noticed that there are all sorts of back stories to the bullies. A girl in my sister's grade who picked on her a few times with some friends, reveled that she was sexually abused when she was younger. Maybe someone's parents just split. These aren't excuses but usually they have a reason for being mean. And as far as you know, if you can't find any reason why they're mean, then they just hate themselves so much that picking on you makes them feel better.

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

Gypmama

• Jew-bulation
  • Yomusu
  • ~I'm a posse magnet~
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LdyAozora
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GypMama
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
And as far as you know, if you can't find any reason why they're mean, then they just hate themselves so much that picking on you makes them feel better.
I concur with this statement.
Many bullies tend to pick on certain people and continue to target those people because they have some sort of personal problem and feel better when putting down those people due to those people letting it show how much it hurts them.

In my case, it was mostly 3 guys who would bully me and my mom swore it was because guys that age (we were all around 10 - 12 years old at the time) had no way to express how they felt about a girl so she was convinced that they had crushes on me.

Okay, I understand the whole pull-a-girl's-braids thing, but these guys would outright taunt me to until I exploded. They physically wanted to fight me. Looking back, I have no idea why 2 guys would think fighting 1 girl with a weight problem and self esteem issues would make them look tougher. That is the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel. I saw these guys as people who had crappy lives somehow and wanted to make someone else's life miserable to make themselves feel better (yeah, laugh at the girl you made cry in the school library). Plus, kids can be so cruel that it seems to be the rule up until one hits their 20s that "Dominance is earned/gained by pointing out other peers' flaws". Sadly, some never grow out of it.

Watch Revenge of the Nerds.
Everyone at some time in their life feel like an outcast or different from everyone else.

PUNS ARE AWESOME.
Recording:
Recorded and need to send:
Any re-do needed from sent files, please alert me.
Need any embarrassing weird shouts, whoops, and other bizarre background noises for a recording? ASK ME!

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 11:06:15 AM »
If every person who made me cry / made me angry liked me, I'd have a hell load of people who liked me..

and urgh, Im getting left out off my best friends outtings cos my mum wont let me go to London without an adult, so Im gonna have them gloating when they came back on what a brilliant time they had

Windy

• x<3x<3
  • or Windy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
I picked on boys I liked when I was in, y'know, 6th/7th grade. But I kicked them, I didn't threaten to kill them. :T

Mostly people are just really screwed up. Knowing doesn't make it any better.
I Owe:
Katsunda, Yomusu stuff

Mixing:
Stale bread

Icon by Gyp!

Quote from: Liana

WINDY I WILL PUNCH YOU

Dani

• Girl Club
  • ??*? ???
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
But it's not really much of a comfort to think the girl calling you a cumdumpster and telling you you should kill yourself has issues when she's saying these things. XD

Tell her to stop shouting /b/ IRL and that she's technically a cumdupster, too.
avi by gypmama

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »
That just sounds like she wanted your attention , even if you got proper pissed at her xD

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
eww~ that aint nice.. and non-white things..?

I met up with some family members, I went with just my Dad and my step-grans daughter thought I was my Dad's girlfriend. He's 47, Im 15..

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »
...Because Im that cool, I still have no idea what you means.. XD whats white trash?

Jodie

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »
Ooooh! Oh I get it! Thanks XD

I wouldnt like to know anyone like that really.. I dont think I do, cos , their arnt any trailers around here, but they dont sound very nice lol

Liana

• Wheelie Bin
  • Like Captain Picard I'm chillin' and flossin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 01:59:57 PM »
Liana, what is your beef with homeschooling? :X
I really won't go into it here since there are so many kids who are currently being home schooled and might take it sensitively. Not to mention I know that, in the end, it's sort of a personal thing. Just . . . I imagine life as this really fucking badass video game and I have a shitty little gun and all the bosses are +30 levels higher than me and when my ass gets kicked by them, I choose PLAY AGAIN over and over and over and over until that mother fucker is dead. Home schooling, to me, feels a lot more like going "Fuck that!" and popping in Blue's Clues: The Backyard Adventure.

Once, I bought a pair of shoes. I went to work in these shoes. My feet BLED. In multiple places. The shoes hurt like HELL. I almost cried. The next day, I put on the same pair of fucking shoes and you know what? Those shoes ended up being the most comfortable pair of shoes EVER MADE. That's me. That's how I do things. I think that story explains why I'm against home schooling better than any point-by-point essay that delineates any exact specifics. I'm just a bloody shoe wearer and I think people who go out and buy new shoes are pussies XD But at the same time, you know, my feet are fucking bleeding so whose to say if I'm right.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:02:01 PM by Liana »

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »
I think I'm getting used to the routine at work.

However, I really wished it ended an hour earlier.. seriously, till 4.30? It exhausts me and then I won't have energy to walk the dog. -__- and he really wants to!
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Enterprise © Bloc