Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for the next YP collaboration project

Author Topic: Oooh, girl! You are FINE. Fine ARTS! Drawings, paintings, etc.  (Read 12325 times)

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
This was a painting thread that was never utilized, so I condensed this thread to be what's considered FINE ARTS - I think that's the proper term - like painting, drawing, etc. I think that's sufficiently different than the hand made thread, yes? One day I'll see who uses what more and just slap threads together xD But I like this thread name, now. So :atsuko:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:45:50 PM by Kristi »
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
Re: Gyp paints on the wall, where do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
Hahahah I never posted in this!

I'm really amateur in acrylic. I also ALWAAAYS use black lines. Well not always but pretty much. I just like the thick outline. I'm trying to get away from it, eventually, or at least not rely on it so much - but it makes me happy.

Bigger
This...started out as a painting of a deer for my Dad for a months late birthday promise. It is now an African DNA mosaic with antlers. I don't...know. This is on acrylic painting paper from a sketchpad which is FUN to use! The bottom is a cop out that I'll have to fix one day. Never.

REALLY DO see this one bigger, resize looks bad!
This is one of those PIECES that actually has MEANING in some WEIRD WAY to the person who made it. GOD, THE PRETENTIOUSNESS. But I dunno. I think it doesn't suck! This is on a baby cheapo canvas. I think it's a little lighter in person! I killed an extra-fine inking pen on this sucker. Scratchy scratchy fun.

Can you tell one day I want to work in comic books? I like illustration style shading, even if I pay no attention to light sources or realism. This is why I'm taking art classes very soon!

I also have a ridiculously in progress deer, but it so looks unlike a deer that I decided I shouldn't share it xD And I have an abstract name painting from my brother's room. But I can't find the picture. It's work!
LINES I need:

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
Re: Oooh, girl! You are FINE. Fine ARTS! Drawings, paintings, etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Double post because I combined threads and also because...I can.

THIS IS AN EYE. It was going to be part of a big project involving TWO eyes. And a picture in each. That told a story. Of a choice. Regarding lives and love. And I lack follow through. SO IT IS AN EYE.

THIS. I LOVE. I am cleaning to move. I did these in high school, back when I did blobby almost anime style characters and actually finished them. Epically. My LOTR project was...genius, God I need to redo that. Dog ate it. Still got an A. Individual characters, hand stained and wrinkled map, placements, gold leaf...ahhh. ANYWAY! IN HIGH SCHOOL, AGES AGO...

BIGGER...fuzzy, but clarity will not help the badness xD
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine as a Calvin Klein model. Note the WOLVE nametag, the 6 foot tall legs (I like Jack Skellington), the gold rings, the different sized UGG boots, and the claw like hands. Not the claws. ALSO NOTE THE HUGE NOSTRILS. I got one thing right. This was quick, in my defense. And probably heavily influenced by anime and Gackt music. Or maybe this was pre-J-rock. AND the composite EWAN MCGREGOR <3333 drawing that I did, where I thought he was all about honesty or something. From the t-shirt. Maybe not. And I added a kilt. And Moulin Rouge hat. I...it's...jsaldkjadsl. One day I will learn realism, and anatomy, and I will do better characterizations of said things. But to this day, that stupid Ewan drawing is my favorite thing ever.

That would be why I like abstract painting xD

NOSTALGIA pictures from anybody else? xD
LINES I need:

Windy

• x<3x<3
  • or Windy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
Ki, I loove your abstract work <3 The painting is really awesome!

Ooh nostalgic high school crap! XD Ok so. I was in art all 4 years of HS, and want to continue it someday. Mostly I drew larger, artistic portraits of existing images that I liked, but I did other stuff and tons of anime crap too hahaha.

ANYWAY since it's slightly related, here's an unfinished Gomaki picture I did around senior year.

I Owe:
Katsunda, Yomusu stuff

Mixing:
Stale bread

Icon by Gyp!

Quote from: Liana

WINDY I WILL PUNCH YOU

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:32:42 PM »
SEE WE NEED TO GET BACK IN REALISM. THIS IS OUR GOAL FOR...SEPTEMBER, Windy. That looks really great, her lips are amazing and natural looking. And hair is a bitch, but you keep it so even! I usually do really good at like the first few inches of realism. And then I look at the whole thing and rush features and make crooked faces. BUT I DO DAMN GOOD EYES. That's...all I draw when I doodle. I wish you'd finish that!

I was in art all four years too but we...didn't really get lessons. It was like this is the point of this project, GO! I used to have a good eye for copying, I started drawing Amano's FF6 designs back in elementary and I was good at that. I tend to cartoon everything and not have the patience for realism or perspective or light sources, because we did a perspective lesson but the rest is a blur and I don't know how it works. I need like formulas, to make left and right connect. I need to go back and draw fruit with grids. I am putting it off XD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:36:16 PM by Kristi »
LINES I need:

peachgirldb

• AOL Instant Messenger - sevvyandhermy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »
You definitely have a really nice illustration style, Kristi! If you made a comic I would totally read it. And order prints to put on my wall for people to comment on.

Mixing:
Minna no Tamago
I owe:
OOXX, KA RA KU RI, 321 Breakin Out, Shouganai, iDream, NA GA RA, Did I forget and owe you something else? PM me!

Sakura

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »
Oh god. Ok. I suck. I've only been drawing manga for, let's see...2 years, 5 months now. And I can't draw guys for my life. But here's a manga I've been working on. I'm gonna send it to Celia (in denmark) when I'm finished editing the pages I'm working on.

Cover:

Page 1:

Lines I need to Record:
Mirakururun Guran Purin (Gigi),  Hyokkori Hyoutanjima (Celia), Halation Summer, Fire (Bonni)

Gigi

• It's just like...WHOA.
    • MSN Messenger - ayamii@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 07:58:47 AM »
Wow, Sakura, that's really good. o.o

nozomi25

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
this is a pic of reina i drew yesterday and colored today

BakaPai

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:04:07 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find a BASIC female figure picture, where's it's just a black outline of a female body? I want it so I can print a few off and just draw out my fashion ideas (incase my friends and I really want to make performance outfits). I tried searching on the net, but believe it or not, I don't get what I'm looking for. I just want a basic Female Figure standing straight so I just get the front. With the curves.

DO I get that? No! I get these weird posture ones, and ones where there is no curves. T_T I don't want to see what's inside the body, I just want the outline!!!

Please help T_T
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:03:33 PM by BakaPai »
always thirsty for subscribers ngl.
? Why don't you head on over to my channel

Bubble Lovely

• MSN Messenger - buble.wonderland@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »
Does any of this count? ~_~

I got my hands on some paint and did some stuff. :O

I painted a desk and sold it on Craigslist. : D I hope the girl who bought it likes it, still. I hope so.

Also, I painted a clock I'm trying to sell. (Sorry about the blatant use of photoshop, the picture wasn't true to the color in real life so I had to fix it. There aren't really pink smudges on the white of the rim. : D;; )

But this might be my favourite work... XD;;

Ninteddy 64!!
I'm such a dork. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:24:55 PM by Bubble Lovely »

Hikki-chii

• myungasms
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »
OMG. THAT'S A SUCH A CUTE PIC OF REINA! -squee-

@ Bubble: If you ever make DS covers. I want one!
I can't stop staring at that desk. It's like...magical girl fluffy friendship rainbow LOVE. XD
YouTube Channel: Click me!

nozomi25

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »
bubble lovely-that desk is epic!!! i wish that i could do that~!!!!

hikki-chii-thanks X3

Othello

• Girl Club
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »
Uh, is this supposed to be posted here?
Anyway, I drew this a few days ago.

nozomi25

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »
CUTE~! X3

Enterprise © Bloc