Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Peep the Yo!Pro Tumblr and check out some good music you might've missed!

Author Topic: I bastardize my art by making it digital! Tablet/Oekaki/Photomanip/etc  (Read 6943 times)

kibats

• Adam West's Petting Zoo
  • Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
Did you hand draw your Mom screaming at your Stepdad and then Warhol it out in Adobe? We want to see.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:16:59 PM by Kristi »
LINES I need:
Joel: NYN, Farrah: MUYM
Lines I owe: YOMUSU (I forgot! Not forever!)

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet that I bought a year ago, because I keep thinking I'm creative and industrious and will utilize it. I'm not, I don't, and I blame the software. Ok it's partly that I don't know how to USE said software or how to use Adobe's functions with tablets properly BUT. Somebody else out there does bad PC art with me.

This is an in progress attempt at PAINTING, with the Corel Painter software. It has LAYERS. Which is neat, but you can't export to Adobe to fix the mess you made so. You make a new mess on a new layer XD But it has a lot of tools/brush sizes that are pretty interesting looking. You can also utilize simple text, if you want to totally mess up an organic handdrawn style with a pixelized stamped on one. And apparently I do.

Make big, make good.

For those sin tablet, somebody should oekaki mouse draw me something delicious and dark.  You can play too, and you know you want to waste 8 hours in MS paint using the airbrush and circle tools. You know you do.

ALSO, changed title to add PHOTO editing. That picture of your sister at her wedding just needed to be turned into a zombie movie poster. I know it, you know it, make it so.
LINES I need:

DJ_MaiMai

• MSN Messenger - pompelmo13@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Japtalian0894
    • View Profile
I drew a picture of Aichan's yukata, and colored it on Photoshop Elements. That's digital art, right? xD

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:20:46 PM by DJ_MaiMai »

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
Re: I bastardize my art by making it digital! Tablet/Oekaki/Photomanip/etc
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »
YES IT IS GO YOU. Ai's so good looking. I like how you shaded her ponytail!
LINES I need:

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
That painting looks really cool. I love to play with tablet painting programs.

Ai actually looks pretty cute. I'm usually not a fan of real people drawings (unless it's one of those amazing pencil drawings with shading and stuff). But I'm not cringing with your picture. I like the hair too!

Here's Tinkerbell!

This was for a friend. Whenever she posts pictures she covers her eyes either by cropping or a black strip, so Tinkerbell gets one too. Besides her eyes looked by messed up. >_>

As you can see, I use the method of scribbling the lines to cover the fact that I can't actually draw. This was made in some Facebook drawing application. :D

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

DJ_MaiMai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »
Thank you guys >.< I wish I had a tablet to add more effects. I know what you mean, Soli. I don't really like real people pictures that aren't realistic, unfortunatly, me + pencil shading = DOES NO COMPUTE.

@ Kristi - You posted, like, a second right before I was going to, and I never noticed your picture. It is so pretty! The quote at the bottom describes the entire picture.

@ Soli - x3 Thats so cute! And the little bar covering her eyes is really funny xDD

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »
The bar is hysterical and the picture is adorable. I really like that scribbly style, actually XD I love her mouth.
LINES I need:

jko

• Yomusu
  • Eschew obfuscation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 05:43:47 PM »
Hi thread!

SOLI. That Tinkerbell is amazing. Now you have to write us a paragraph telling us about the Japanese scandal she had. Was she in the room while someone famous was lighting a bong?

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »
Tinkerbell was seen going to Peter Pan's tree-home early evening. Everybody assumed it was for some kind of friendly dinner (as certain Lost Boys and Fairies have been known to do on occasion). But, as an unnamed source* claims, Tink never came back to The Home Tree in Pixie Hollow. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell both deny the rumors that something questionable happened. Tink simply came over to play some cards. They stated that Tinkerbell stayed the night because of the recent firefly incident** and Peter insisted she stay the night because the light was so low. Despite the two denying that anything happened when questioned, Terence*** became tight lipped and refused to comment on any rumors on a relationship between Peter and Tink. Also, something that wasn't commented on from the two was the medical pain reliever plants (stolen from Lily's garden), stems found in Peter Pan's trash the day after. For now, there are no official announcements from Fairy Mary on the incident between Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. The other fairies refuse to comment.

*Probably Vidia, none of the other fairies would ever tattletale.
**Rani had an accident while Fira was out to lunch. You don't want to know the details, too gruesome. Let's just say almost half of the trainee fireflies are now recovering in The Home Tree medical unit and the firefly training school is being rebuilt farther away from water.
***It's still up for speculation if Terence, when a Peter and Tink possible relationship is mentioned, becomes jealous of Tinkerbell or Peter Pan.... he is a male fairies after all. Who knows.

(Does this sound good, jko? I wasn't sure what to write. I don't usually read about many scandals. XD This sounds silly! I tried.)

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

jko

• Yomusu
  • Eschew obfuscation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »
Well done, Soli. I am quite proud. :)

DJ_MaiMai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »
@Soli - EPIC WIN.

Soli

• Yomusu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:31:21 PM »
Why thank you two!

(I LOVE YOU PRINNY)

DJ_MaiMai

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
Giraffe eating pocky. I dunno why I added a random girl with highlights, but I did.

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 08:57:07 AM »
Pocky giraffe XD That may be the best thing ever XD
LINES I need:

kibats

• Yomusu
  • = (k)night
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 08:15:21 AM »
So I found a few really funny caps on a Buffy gallery website, and I saved them with the intention of making a series of avatars. BUT this one cap cleaned up really nicely, and I love that I can make her say whatever I want.

j00 didn't know the 8uffst3r could 133t? f00! And if it's bad 133t, blame her and not me. The chick aint always so bright. The cap looked much better in color after I edited it, but I then messed it up again to suit the moody blue. And I blurred the hell out of her and made her cartoonish, for TV caps do not have good quality. Still, I was amused xD

Does the txt sorta look like it was written on the board? I did some blurring and stroke addage and some wave to make it kinda slanty. Maybe it needs faded more. I want to make a series of life lessons from TV, and...utilize the webspace that somebody was so kind to give me but I never learned how to use yet MAH BADNESS.

ALSO LARGE BECAUSE WE NEVER USE THIS THREAD and I don't feel like resizing HA.
LINES I need:

Enterprise © Bloc